A/C blowing warm in Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
    Are the fans cycling on and off? If you can bypass the relay and get cold air it's likely an electrical issue. If you know how a 12 v relay works it's very easy to do
    No idea how to do that nor do I want to start messing with the electrical system and fuck something up. Fans aren't even turning on as mentioned earlier.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
      on my 06 it's center of dash right above the tranny tunnel. Check the ac lines in the motor compartment if they are getting hot and sweating and the compressor is cycling it's making cold air and the problem is under the dash.
      When I checked yesterday the lines weren't sweating, just warm from the heat of the engine.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Do you have a set of AC gauges?
        If so, You could just clamp on and see if there is any pressure on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          Do you have a set of AC gauges?
          If so, You could just clamp on and see if there is any pressure on the line.
          No....

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
            No....
            Autozone rents them

Comment

Yeah put some gauges on it. Pressures should be about what ambient temp is outside on both sides. 0 means broken line.

Comment

Update:

So almost a year later and I finally took it in this morning. Come to find out the compressor went to shit. I was quoted around $1400 for parts and labor. Problem is parts won't be in until Tuesday. I looked online and I'm seeing the same delivery time if I bought it myself.

I also found out that this seems to be an ongoing issue with the 2014's. I've been reading that GM isn't willing to work with anyone to fix this issue. Basically they've told owners that they won't fix it especially out of warranty. Also read those that fixed theirs in 14 that were under warranty ended up paying out of pocket to replace the compressor.

Anyone else deal with this?? I'm now stuck between just letting the shop i took it to fix it or buy the parts myself and find someone to fix it for cheap with probably limited warranty.

Comment

You too? Every summer I fix my 87 silverado AC. Find a new leak every year, fix it, winter comes. Next summer rolls around, different leak rears head. Fix, rinse repeat. Been that way for 5 years now. Fucking hate that AC system. Why can't it ever just be happy?
                  WH

Comment

I would buy a new compressor xpansion valve and a drier and do it myself. I replaced mine 2 yrs ago it was an easy job. Compressor wasn't even bad it was a switch but replaced it anyway. Used the same dryer also blows ice cold. Damn sure wouldn't pay 1400 but shops gotta make money. Not off me though

Comment

$1400.00, what a rip off!

I would be doing it myself at that price point, which is what I did when my A/C compressor went out. I bought a FoMoCo Compressor from Rock Auto for under $272.00, did it myself in a day.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The compressor on my 15 sierra was leaking from the front seal. It and the desiccant(sp?) were about $500 from the chevy house. After I installed it, the condenser went out 2 days later. It was probably leaking a little before but the new compressor made sure it leaked real good. The problem you may run into is the condenser is on national backorder. My dealership had 14 on B/O, some had upwards of 35 on BO. No ETAs are being given as to when they will ship.

I got lucky and found a generic online and it has been working great. The condenser is about $300 from the dealer. Partsgeek.com is where I got mine for $100. IT's a generic, but it works great.

It might not hurt to look through the grille on to see if the condenser looks wet on one side(mine was the driver's side). That way you're not shocked when your shop calls you with bad news.

People keep talking about a recall or class action suit... I wouldn't wait around with a severe case of swamp ass for either to happen. In my case in particular, I'm sure my truck would fall outside of the mileage limitations(245k+).

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          The compressor on my 15 sierra was leaking from the front seal. It and the desiccant(sp?) were about $500 from the chevy house. After I installed it, the condenser went out 2 days later. It was probably leaking a little before but the new compressor made sure it leaked real good. The problem you may run into is the condenser is on national backorder. My dealership had 14 on B/O, some had upwards of 35 on BO. No ETAs are being given as to when they will ship.

I got lucky and found a generic online and it has been working great. The condenser is about $300 from the dealer. Partsgeek.com is where I got mine for $100. IT's a generic, but it works great.

It might not hurt to look through the grille on to see if the condenser looks wet on one side(mine was the driver's side). That way you're not shocked when your shop calls you with bad news.

People keep talking about a recall or class action suit... I wouldn't wait around with a severe case of swamp ass for either to happen. In my case in particular, I'm sure my truck would fall outside of the mileage limitations(245k+).

I'll take a look in the morning. Thanks for the info. They never mentioned anything about the condenser but I've read plenty online that those give out also. Also read about the condensers being on back order since the issue first began.

Everything came in today so I'm taking the chevy in first thing in the morning. I'm already looking around for condensers just in case.

Comment

Working...
                          X