DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Picture and Video Post Forum

Picture and Video Post Forum Amusing and Photoshopped Pics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #61
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

Another pretty good day. 2 firsts, a second, and overall in the automotive category. The primary subjects at this shownwere armor and air. If you have ever been around any of those guys, they are kind of nuts when it comes to detail and accuracy! So, I was not surprised one of them won best of show.



A few of my favorites from the show, and yes, that is the winnebago from spaceballs











Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:28 AM   #62
AnthonyS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,667
Default

Yes the military model guys go to extremes. I build planes too, but I’m not that detailed. There isn’t enough time in my life for that.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #63
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

Well, for the Houston crew, it looks like I'm going to try and hit the HAMS show on July 21st. This is an automotive centered contest, so it should be a lot more heavily contested. Not sure what all I am going to take down there. The Denny Hamlin car for sure, probably my 2002 Camaro for the box stock category, I may try and push through and finish up 01yz2nv's Cobra and take it with me, the T-bird, after I re-work the interior....again. I tossed an old 67 split window vette in some alcohol last night to strip, I'll probably re-paint it and take it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #64
01yz2nv
Lifer
 
01yz2nv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
Well, for the Houston crew, it looks like I'm going to try and hit the HAMS show on July 21st. This is an automotive centered contest, so it should be a lot more heavily contested. Not sure what all I am going to take down there. The Denny Hamlin car for sure, probably my 2002 Camaro for the box stock category, I may try and push through and finish up 01yz2nv's Cobra and take it with me, the T-bird, after I re-work the interior....again. I tossed an old 67 split window vette in some alcohol last night to strip, I'll probably re-paint it and take it.
Did I send you updated pics of the finished engine bay with the Novi installed?
__________________
"You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
Factory Five MK4 Cobra
Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
01yz2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #65
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yz2nv View Post
Did I send you updated pics of the finished engine bay with the Novi installed?
Not yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:44 PM   #66
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

A couple of builds outside of my wheel house.

Mstang GT350 is 1/32 scale. Very basic kit. It will be wimbeldon white with blue stripes




50 Ford convertible. This will be pretty much stock. Color will be Torreador red with tan interior. I'm even planning on keeping the flathead


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #67
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

1/32 GT350 is moving right along!



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:05 AM   #68
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member
 
4bangen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,280
Default

This stuff is so awesome. Makes me want to start modeling again. But heck I don't have the time or space. I'll just keep watching you do it.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #69
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
This stuff is so awesome. Makes me want to start modeling again. But heck I don't have the time or space. I'll just keep watching you do it.
Or the kits....LOL. I FINALLY sold the last bit of the lot a couple of weeks ago, I ended up keeping way more than I had planned to, and ended up picking up a few others along the way from the trading groups, most notably:

Steve Kinser Superman Sprint car
1/12 2010 GT500 - still sealed in factory bags. Bought for $60 to my door which is a steal. This will be a box stock build, maybe add some miscellaneous wires, color will be sterling silver
1/8 Pocher Ferrari F-40 Engine - complete kit, stole it for $30 shipped. Not sure if it will get built as a stand alone display or it may end up used in my 1/8 vette in a rear engine set up.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Last edited by black2002ls; 06-27-2018 at 08:46 AM.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #70
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member
 
4bangen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,280
Default

I have that mustang kit. bought it $60 new. When I finally opened it up I found the hood is warped. I was going to make a full function model with as many things working as I could, like lights blinkers, steering, make the belts turn when you rev, and make it move under its own power. I was going to hook it all up to my 16 channel rc radio. Didn't want to make it fast or anything, just wanted to be able to put around on the diningroom table. Maybe one day. if I find a new hood.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #71
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
I have that mustang kit. bought it $60 new. When I finally opened it up I found the hood is warped. I was going to make a full function model with as many things working as I could, like lights blinkers, steering, make the belts turn when you rev, and make it move under its own power. I was going to hook it all up to my 16 channel rc radio. Didn't want to make it fast or anything, just wanted to be able to put around on the diningroom table. Maybe one day. if I find a new hood.
you can fix the hood with some steam, or a hairdryer. heat, twist, cool, repeat.

I've got one that got the parts swiped for my 1/12 65 mustang build. The body from that one is slowly getting a tube chassis. With Revell gone under, I'm trying to pick up things that I may want to build and will be hard to find later. I couldn't pass this one up, as they are going for $150-200 on ebay.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #72
4bangen
©4bangen©
VIP Member
 
4bangen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
you can fix the hood with some steam, or a hairdryer. heat, twist, cool, repeat.

I've got one that got the parts swiped for my 1/12 65 mustang build. The body from that one is slowly getting a tube chassis. With Revell gone under, I'm trying to pick up things that I may want to build and will be hard to find later. I couldn't pass this one up, as they are going for $150-200 on ebay.
holy crap really? maybe I should just sell mine!
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:39 AM   #73
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
holy crap really? maybe I should just sell mine!
The large scale stuff is 2 fold. They were all pretty much limited runs, more limited than the 1/24 and 1/25 stuff. Compound that with Revell going out of business and things are starting to get a little bit crazy price wise on stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #74
AnthonyS
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
The large scale stuff is 2 fold. They were all pretty much limited runs, more limited than the 1/24 and 1/25 stuff. Compound that with Revell going out of business and things are starting to get a little bit crazy price wise on stuff.
The RC airplane hobby just took a huge hit too with the last US kit maker being bought out. Old fashioned builders will be fighting over remaining kits on eBay and in want ads. The cockpit kit for my Corsair is no where to be found, and now itís obvious no more will ever be made. My wife thought I was crazy to buy and store the kits I did for retirement.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #75
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

The 50 Ford is moving right along. I was able to get some clear sprayed and the interior painted. Wheels are painted body color, I'll use the chrome Ford hub caps, and no trim rings. The tires will get painted white walls.



I also got some clear on the 1/32 Mustang. Thankfully the decals didn't act up too bad. I got some bad fisheyes on the passenger side that had to be sanded out and resprayed.



I really need to build a spray booth. Both of these ended up with trash in the clear. I was pretty upset with the Mustang, the clear was smooth as glass after the second round of clear. Unfortunately, I had so sand several areas out to eliminate the trash, which then led to an hour or so of polishing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #76
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

A quick shot of the mini mustang. Still have some polishing left to do before it gets assembled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #77
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

I'm calling this one done. Wimbledon white with kit decals, Advantage 545 clear, polished, topped with collinite 915.

The only thing left to debate is whether to leave the good year tire letters black or paint them white...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #78
01yz2nv
Lifer
 
01yz2nv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,575
Default

I was at hobby lobby earlier and found a Foxbody mustang drag car kit!

Edit- I have pics but I canít upload them.
__________________
"You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
Factory Five MK4 Cobra
Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
01yz2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #79
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

This little guy is ready for the contest table and then ebay!









Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #80
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,972
Default

The 50 Ford is also pretty close. The biggest task is re-clearing the body. I wish I had taken steps to lower it just a bit. The front will sit lower once it is all assembled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
he has svo work ethic, svo has 2172 model, trained by svo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.