DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:11 AM   #81
Zfan
Lifer

We paid 195K for our 2300 sq ft 3 car garage house in East Allen 4 yrs ago, our neighbor sold there home in 1 week and was asking 259K, they got 290K for theirs. When we moved in we updated to high end carpet, wood floors and granite counter tops etc. Our realtor came by the other day and asked if we wanted to sell for 300K, problem is we can't find another like it for 300K.
Zfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #82
Sean88gt
Avenge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
I sold my house in Stonebridge about 3 years ago - the real estate market had finally woken up after years of being stagnant. We had tried to sell it a couple of times before but had no luck, probably because it was a single story 3 bedroom 1920 sq ft house and everyone wanted a two story with 4 bedrooms so that they could have an office.

So my ex talks to her Realtor friend and together they sold it in 3 days LOL..... I jumped on the offer because the house needed tons of work; I was glad to walk away selling it "as is".

We built it in 1989 for $132k and sold it for $157k. This was before the Toyota relocation was generally known but the people that bought it knew about that deal and they were intending to fix up and flip the house.

Seems that the market might be slowing down now, with some areas still doing very well. I lived in Texas long enough to know that real estate is cyclical - there is always a downturn sooner or later.
Our place in Mckinney was similar to yours, and in SB as well. It had resold last year for $215k to give you an idea.
Sean88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #83
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan View Post
We paid 195K for our 2300 sq ft 3 car garage house in East Allen 4 yrs ago, our neighbor sold there home in 1 week and was asking 259K, they got 290K for theirs. When we moved in we updated to high end carpet, wood floors and granite counter tops etc. Our realtor came by the other day and asked if we wanted to sell for 300K, problem is we can't find another like it for 300K.
holy shit

Bought our house in cleburne for 119k, also 2300 sq feet. It had sat on the market for 3 months. But it was straight out of the early 80's. We're about 2/3 of the way done with updating it. Also did wood floors. Popcorn ceilings are going to be fun.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #84
Cooter
Lifer

Yeah, it's hard to cash out without moving to a completely different area.

Though, you typically get more for your money as you near the ceiling.

Quote:
Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #85
Quadforce
Time Served

Quote:
we are in exact same situation
Old 10-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #86
Sgt Beavis
Lifer

Quote:
Yup, a lot of people in Denton are in this boat. Simply not enough homes in town.

My house is listed on Zillow as a 'make me move'. I did it to test the waters and the waters are pretty decent. I was getting one or two calls a week from folks wanting to take a look. I had to pull it down because of the delay in staring my new job. I paid $210K for this house and I listed it for $275K on Zillow. My realtor thinks $250K is more realistic but that's because there are so few nearby home sales to compare with.
Sgt Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #87
Stng5Pnt8
Allstate Dominguez Agency
Authorized Advertiser

I work with a group that helps people through the whole process of selling and buying a home if anyone is interested.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Tdominguez@alstate.com

-Tony Dominguez
Arlington, TX. 76018
817-405-2011
tdominguez@allstate.com
Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Last edited by Stng5Pnt8; 10-28-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Stng5Pnt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #88
kpc01
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
Yup, a lot of people in Denton are in this boat. Simply not enough homes in town.

My house is listed on Zillow as a 'make me move'. I did it to test the waters and the waters are pretty decent. I was getting one or two calls a week from folks wanting to take a look. I had to pull it down because of the delay in staring my new job. I paid $210K for this house and I listed it for $275K on Zillow. My realtor thinks $250K is more realistic but that's because there are so few nearby home sales to compare with.
It's slowing down a little but still pretty good if priced right. I have a buyer in Denton right now that is looking below 200k and its crazy the houses they are asking 199-200 for!
kpc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #89
slow99
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
Yeah, it's hard to cash out without moving to a completely different area.
We bought our house for $425k 2 years ago. We were talking to our real estate agent a while back about an unrelated matter and he said that he could sell our house that day for $575k if we were interested. I said ok, what do you have around here for me to move into? Nothing, not a thing right now.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.
slow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #90
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
We bought our house for $425k 2 years ago. We were talking to our real estate agent a while back about an unrelated matter and he said that he could sell our house that day for $575k if we were interested. I said ok, what do you have around here for me to move into? Nothing, not a thing right now.
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #91
hotrodcobra
dfwstanger since 2000

I think location is key, along with school district, type houses/businesses in immediate area, etc.

I have several hundred acres near Burleson and lease another 450 from 3 out of town property owners. I barely make a living raising cattle, but it's what I want to do and I won't consider moving until my 2 boys are out of school (5 more years). We have been approached by several large developers since we are in a prime development area and the first prices thrown around are pretty crazy. It appears to me that builders are desperate for land here.

I hate the thought of prime farm land raising concrete instead of crops and cattle, but it is nuts to ranch on this land forever. My time is limited here.

I will likely do a 1031 (or something like that) land swap eventually instead of a cash sale due to taxes. But the times, they are a changing.

One of the developers told me that he has purposely slowed down the building of new houses in the metroplex because he will be out lots in the not too distant future at the current rate of sales.

A Cobra, a Challenger & a couple Cuda's and Cummin's
(93 Cobra, 09 SRT, 70 & 71 Cuda's, 03 & 07 3500's; not to mention a couple John Deere's that cost Ferrari money and not nearly as much fun)
hotrodcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #92
War Machine
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
when you get ready to sell, I set you up with our agent. 1 percent sellers fee.
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:05 PM   #93
BMCSean
Always lurking

Are you Russian now?
BMCSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:00 PM   #94
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremor14 View Post
you've never seen roll races done at a track? why mention they are roll racers if the dig was a given? spend more time at the track instead of disney land, lots of things have changed. your stock block with a t-trim and 15 pounds would likely shit itself pulling on the trailer. care to prove me wrong?
Just quit arguing. Just... stop. You're doing it wrong.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #95
War Machine
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCSean View Post
Are you Russian now?
You rascal
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM   #96
kpc01
Lifer

Pretty good info on the current state:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/d...nding-soon.ece
kpc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #97
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Almost 3 years later and its finally happening!!!!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ing-cool-front
Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #98
01yz2nv
Lifer

Market sucks right now IMOP, we have a contract on another house on 61 acres with a contingency on selling our home. Located in Princeton, 3/2/2 1600sqft built in 05, on close to an acre and a half lot, very nice cul de sac neighborhood.Been on the market for close to 3 weeks now and we’ve had 3 showings. And we are priced we feel right on the money. Other houses on our street sold in days for over $300k just last year. We are dropping to $269k tonight.

FFL & LTC Instructor
http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
Factory Five MK4 Cobra
Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
01yz2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #99
Broncojohnny
Lifer

Houses between $500 and $800k are stacking up like firewood in Plano. Not uncommon to see them on the market for over 90 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #100
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yz2nv View Post
Market sucks right now IMOP, we have a contract on another house on 61 acres with a contingency on selling our home. Located in Princeton, 3/2/2 1600sqft built in 05, on close to an acre and a half lot, very nice cul de sac neighborhood.Been on the market for close to 3 weeks now and we’ve had 3 showings. And we are priced we feel right on the money. Other houses on our street sold in days for over $300k just last year. We are dropping to $269k tonight.
I'm definitely holding off on a major land purchase now specifically because of the fall off. There's no way I'm going to buy acreage knowing it's going to start out at a 20% hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
Houses between $500 and $800k are stacking up like firewood in Plano. Not uncommon to see them on the market for over 90 days.
That's also happening in the high 300s to low 400s here in mckinney. Everything around us has been on the market for at least 3 months. Some of the new builds are holding around 4-5.

I think it's a combo of no major new corporate moves and over development here.

Tags
anthonys shitty 401k, cnc'ed 401k monies, home buying lolz at nay, mex mov in=nays move out, nays move in=u move out, poor people fight!, ruff cncd bubble, ruffdaddie=110% jackass, ruffwill cnc whole house, svo sold same home 4xs, ur ‘hood is ghetto, ur wife left u 4 a nay