Anyone ever searched for relative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever searched for relative?

Father is trying to track down a parent hes never met. Not sure if there are companies or advice on who could help. Hes done the DNA kit and gotten some info but really need some professional help

Anyone ever done this or know of someone who does this??

My wife found her adopted moms Birth mother after 60 years using one of those DNA sites. I can ask her for more info.

Comment

Just saw a Dateline or 20/20 show about people using the DNA kits on Ancestry and 23andme. It was pretty impressive how the could assist in finding relatives. Best of luck in your search!

You might see if you can find the show because the "professional" that was assisting the family, seemed to know what she was doing. The story was about a newborn (girl) that was left by a dumpster and spotted by a young lady on a bike. Then the next was a newborn (boy) left on a doorstep in a paper bag. A guy returned home from the store and found him on the doorstep. Turned out the mother, for both kids, was the young girl on the bike that said she "found" the newborn girl at the dumpster. They also located a third child from the same lady.....
      Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 12-31-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Did the Ancestry thing. Came back with a couple of hits that were "high probability" siblings. Time & location matched with it. I had the state (Ne.) do a search & they came up with "no response to whom we believe the parent is" I'd like to find out, for medical & genealogical reasons. No desire to meet the biological parents.

Comment

Head to your nearest Mormon church and ask about their family history center. It is free to all and it is the largest pile of that type of information in the world.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

The 23andme sounds really cool. I wonder how big their database is of samples. I guess you can only be matched with people who they have DNA for and have done their service?

Never thought about mormon church. Gonna check that out too

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              Head to your nearest Mormon church and ask about their family history center. It is free to all and it is the largest pile of that type of information in the world.
              Would they have a database of non-mormons though?
              Last edited by jewozzy; 01-03-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                Would they have a database of on-mormons though?
                They damn near have copies of every record that has ever been.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  They damn near have copies of every record that has ever been.
                  That's pretty cool I never knew that. Is it just US based or overseas too? My FIL traced his family back to the first to cross the ocean from Ireland but hit a brick wall then. I wonder if they could be of assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                    That's pretty cool I never knew that. Is it just US based or overseas too? My FIL traced his family back to the first to cross the ocean from Ireland but hit a brick wall then. I wonder if they could be of assistance.
                    They have underground vaults that are miles long and nuke proof full of every type of record that they have been collecting and pack ratting for 100 plus years.

Comment

Mormons are big on genealogy because they believe they can be baptized in proxy for those who have already died but weren't baptized into the Mormon church.

But yeah, they have pretty much the most comprehensive records available.

Comment

I looked up my dad a few months back. Turns out he died a few years ago... WTF?!??! Now who is going to teach me how to ride my bike?

mine was easy, obituary

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          I looked up my dad a few months back. Turns out he died a few years ago... WTF?!??! Now who is going to teach me how to ride my bike?

mine was easy, obituary
                          I will Tim... I will...

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            I will Tim... I will...

Comment

Working...
                            X