Color matched the SHO trim this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color matched the SHO trim this weekend

I was never a fan of the chrome trim on the newer Taurus SHOs so I went ahead and did all the chrome trim in Tuxedo Black to match the car. Ford also does not color match the mirrors so did that as well. Then took all the plastic parts that sun fade and painted them gloss black as a contrast. Looks killer in the sun!

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Wait, when did you get this car? I thought you were going down Audi road.

Comment

I was but it's gonna take a while to get the funds back, if at all. FBI is working on it. Didn't wanna drop 100k on two cars so returned the S8 and got a good deal on a Performance Pack 2015 SHO. Cheaper to fix and insure. Cops beat the hell out of them and they seem to last. Gonna keep mods to a minimum. I tuned it, 3 bar map, t stat ,colder plugs and intake. May do down pipes to get it to 400 awhp but stop there.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Wait now the FBI is involved? What did I miss?
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Ugh, long story. Dealer closed, owner scammed 12 people out of just over a half million since all numbers still went to the dealer, dealer number was active, google earth showed the dealer and car, 15+ years of good feedback, know someone that bought a car there. He provided pictures i asked for, Carfax report was in line, ownership of car was shown as his dealership. For some reason he went bankrupt, ran the con and then fled the country, FBI is involved. I lost some money on a car I purchased from them.

And now I have a Ford again.

Comment

What are you going to buy next week when you sell the Taurus? Lolz

Comment

Veyron

Comment

Looks real good! I have the same car. PP 2015 but in dark grey.
                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

So here is the color match in the sun. I am very happy with it. Guy did a nice job matching it all.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    I was but it's gonna take a while to get the funds back, if at all. FBI is working on it. Didn't wanna drop 100k on two cars so returned the S8 and got a good deal on a Performance Pack 2015 SHO. Cheaper to fix and insure. Cops beat the hell out of them and they seem to last. Gonna keep mods to a minimum. I tuned it, 3 bar map, t stat ,colder plugs and intake. May do down pipes to get it to 400 awhp but stop there.
                    I'm told all the cop car ecoboost have tons of issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Yeah, reports are all over the place. Most with the cars dont have issues till after 120k except those that believed Ford when they said the PTU fluid is lifetime fluid. Its 70W140 gear oil, how is that lifetime? So I just serviced mine and most who service them every 30k dont have failures. Seems like the guys with turbo issues (Ford says replace at 150k anyway) are the ones that beat the car and then shut it down. They cook the oil in the lines and then the turbo starves and sheers its shaft. They seem solid otherwise untill you do bigger turbos and meth and when you make 500+awhp and 600+ awtq they start to eat transmissions. I wont exceed 380ish awhp so should be fine.

Comment

My wife has an Explorer Sport with the Ecoboost with 90k...runs great and is fairly fast.

My police department has a mix of ecoboost Explorers/Taurus and the non turbo models. I choose to drive the non turbo every time I can. Our ecoboost have nothing but problems. They smoke (so much that people flag us down that our cars are on fire), they stutter (some so much you can't even get on the highway), and they have a hard time building boost. Some of these cars only have 20k. None have over 90k.

I just think they weren't built for the abuse of police driving....idling for hours

Comment

How much to install Megan coil overs and camber bolts in my 2015? Also, any 4 wheel alingment shops around there?
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

That paint is going to peel off that chrome trim, I've never seen paint stick to chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                              That paint is going to peel off that chrome trim, I've never seen paint stick to chrome.
                              Do you stand by that statement if there was good prep done (sanding / scuffing / cleaning) and using a self-etching primer (thinking diy, of course)? Difference between chrome plated plastic and actual metal? Seeking your deserved expert opinion..

Comment

Working...
                              X