No announcement yet.

Favorite cordless tool brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeWalt. Last American power tool company left. Bunch of stuff Made in the USA.

Comment

Ryobi for me, I’ve got everything from a circular saw to the pole saw with no complaints. We use Milwaukee at work and they are some tough sob’s

Comment

Milwaukee hands down. I use mine like rented whores at work and never an issue. Fuel brushless is where it’s at.

Comment

18V Porter Cable - 4 drills, 1 impact, 2 saws...etc all have been great the last 10 years or so. I just buy knock off batteries every 3-4 years for them.

Although, when they crap out or I cannot find/rebuild the batteries I think I'm going with that Hercules brand from HF.

Note: Typical around the house use.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I picked up the Dewalt 20v Drill Driver / Impact combo earlier this year on sale and have been pretty happy. And it makes pre-drilling / countersinking on wood projects so much faster having the two..

The impact is just the 1/4" of course, so although stronger than the regular drill, it's no comparison to real impact wrenches. It's good for lag bolts and the like, but nothing with real torque.

I did pick up the HF Earthquake air impact for the car stuff.

Comment

Dewalt here, compressor's been relegated to airing up pool floats these days.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed how competitive the big names have gotten with the growth of ryobi and harbor freight? It's been awesome!

Comment

Been using Makita for years. I still have a couple of ML120 pivot head flashlights that came in the Drill kits with the 1.7aH battery. Everything still works after getting plenty of abuse over the years.

Comment

Milwaukee here as well. Love them.

Comment

I will say the makita batteries are much better than my older craftsman set.. these batteries go forever before needing a charge.. the grinder seems to use the most juice.. I also have a makita vacuum I recently bought based on reviews and damn it’s got some power.. we have dark floors and a lab and a jack russel that shed like wet paint being slung everywhere and it handles that with ease.. I can vacuum the whole house about 3 times on one charge.. never knew how much I needed a cordless vac haha!
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I have a bunch of Milwaukee stuff. Oldest 18V stuff is 6 years old or so. Batteries and tools are showing their age. One 18V drill quit after 3 years or so. It was repaired under warranty about a year ago and quit again recently. The out of warranty repair is $159 and the tool itself is $99. The 18V 1/4" brushed impact that came in a combo drill/impact set is weak as shit. I try to use it for seat bolts but it won't cut it. I know it sounds like I'm bagging on them but I have been reasonably satisfied with their 12V and 18V stuff and will probably buy the new brushless stuff soon as well as the long 12V underhood light.

Comment

Hilti

Comment

Probably wouldn't buy it, but that new stuff at Harbor Freight looks solid .
                            I need to replace my Porter Cable. Based on ya'll response, probably buy the dewalt.

Comment

Milwaukee. I think I've aquired @ $20k in Milwaukee gear. They make some awesome specialty cutters and crimpers. My crew abuses our gear and if it breaks, milwaukee fixes and replaces it for free.
                              It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                                Hilti
                                They do make awesome gear, but not affordable by the average person. I have a couple of their hammer drills and pin guns, but never found their cordless stuff attractive due to price and availability.
                                It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X