2020 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    I use that preen stuff on my granite areas and front fountain and it appears to do ok. Never thought about using it on the lawn. While some days I would like a booshy lawn, I am just not that motivated.
    Man Jason, I know that all weed and feed are expensive, but you get what you pay for in this type of dilemma. The real shit that was affordable isn't sold anymore due to OKC bombing, but the closest thing I have found that works without staining your concrete is the Bayer 3-1 weed and feed. That shit works, though as I mentioned very expensive. I started using this stuff two seasons ago and it works, it controls weeds and keeps your grass looking great with minimal watering, now if you was very lushy lawn just add more water, I'm a cheap ass, so I don't water as much but its good enough. My neighbor was using a service (geko company) and his shit didn't look like mine, he was constantly bitching to them and me. I was told him, use pre-emergant and then the Bayer 3-1 and just water a little, shit will grow and look decent. Double up and add lots of water and win lawn of the month...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Probably not that much money wise since I am on a acre, minus the house, shop, pool, pond, and two patios. If I am not being super technical maybe half an acre to fertilize. I used that Scotts grass seed mix a couple of years ago in random spots. Came up like golf greens and spreads a little every year. Curious to see how much it moves this year. I need to slap in some of those BS sprinklers systems they sell now that are cheap. Much like you I am cheap and hate to actually manually water.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        ... The real shit that was affordable isn't sold anymore due to OKC bombing, but the closest thing I have found that works without staining your concrete is the Bayer 3-1 weed and feed.......
        It is still available. Just go to a small town farm and ranch supply...and don't attempt to buy a truck load.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
          It is still available. Just go to a small town farm and ranch supply...and don't attempt to buy a truck load.
          I go to my local COOP and you can still get MSMA in Target 6 Plus

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            You can get it on amazon too, also pest shop in Plano sells it.. most irrigation places that sell fertilizer have it as well.. just not Home Depot anymore
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Can anyone identify this? It’s a super thin bladed grass and doesn’t really survive past 90 degrees.. it’s not poa and I believe it to be a perennial as it has come back in same place in yard the last 3 years.

"PSH!!!"

Comment

I used Google Lense to identify the grass. https://g.co/kgs/w3vAG2

Comment

It looks like poa annua. Does it come up in clumps/patches?

edit...not so much after the picture is larger.
                  Last edited by blandnuts; 05-14-2020, 04:21 PM. Reason: Blind

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    You can get that here, at the pest control in Plano. That wasn't what he was speaking of though.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

She’s really waking up now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good! I need to get some pictures of our back yard after it gets mowed on Saturday. My front has some good grass, but I'm getting over run with broadleaf weeds :/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

That is what I want mine to look like.

Comment

Nicely done man, it's lookin great!

Comment

Here is my back yard. We have been here for 5 years and I never thought the back yard would have grass. We had severe drainage issues when we moved in. We still have a drainage issue, but it is not as bad. With dogs and a kid, I haven't done much in the way of weed control or fertilizer. I have put down random rolls of Tif 419 that was left over on job sites. Other than that, regular mowing is all that has been done

This area is mostly weeds. There is some St. Augustine along the fence and under the tree canopy.

Comment

Here is the front yard. I've treated for weeds, used pre emergent, fertilized regularly, and it still looks like hell! Full of clover. This year I have TONS of broadleaf stuff. There are some good stands of tif 419 that I have put down, as well ad a very large patch of St. Augustine that is creeping and filling in.

If any of you saw or followed my remodel thread, you know that a lot of progress has been made!

Comment

Working...
                                X