Is t just me ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is t just me ??

I do not know about you guys but I used to buy lots of parts from Cheaper than Dirt and to be honest do not know other places that typically have as good of prices as they do and variety. But with that being said I can not stand the way they are price gouging in the current state of things. I understand smaller mom and pop shops that do it some but when you are a major distributer I think it is greedy and do not care to deal with them anymore. The way they are pricing mags and ammo just irritates me ... rant over..

were else is good places to shop for most things on line ?
    sigpic

Lol...here we go.

Comment

You do know that wholesale prices fluctuate with demand, right?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Haha these are always good...

I have had three "good" experiences with CTD:

An AR armorer's tool when I couldn't find mine.

A nice little range bag for pistols that I think was mis-marked and way cheaper than the others on the shelf.

They were actually going to give me a pretty good trade-in price on a pistol, but the gun I was looking at was too much $$ to make a deal.

Comment

I don't give a shit, they can charge whatever they want, if it's too high I won't buy it. I like them because they are local, and they have a ton of shit no one else would ever keep in stock. Bad thing is most of the time the things I want are at another warehouse.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I guess I kind of look at them like Walmart for the gun world just do not think they sould be doing it like that.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd rather company do it than private citizens.

And Yales statement holds a little merit as well. New tooling and increased material prices lead to higher wholesale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Lol...here we go.

LOL

Cheaper than dirt, the catalog company, seem to be OK for the little stuff i order...

Cheaper than Dirt Outdoor Adventures, SUCK ASS.... GOUGING OUT THE WAZOO....but I'm more upset with people not having common sense to BUY SHIT WHEN ITS THAT HIGH. CTD outdoor adventures has 11 dollar .223 ammo for 30 dollars....and has a lot of it because nobody's buying it....

Comment

I dislike them for other reasons than price gouging.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I'd rather company do it than private citizens.

And Yales statement holds a little merit as well. New tooling and increased material prices lead to higher wholesale.
                    Another thing to consider is, with wholesale prices high, no one wants to order any more than they have to, so a lot of businesses are making the choice not to carry safety stock, further exacerbating inventory issues. No one wants to get caught at the top of the bubble with product they can't profit on.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      Another thing to consider is, with wholesale prices high, no one wants to order any more than they have to, so a lot of businesses are making the choice not to carry safety stock, further exacerbating inventory issues. No one wants to get caught at the top of the bubble with product they can't profit on.
                      thats why you run as thin as possible but still hold stock What you have in hand when the bubble pops and prices go down you can cost average in with the new product and get rid of. you may sell at cost or even below but the new sales of lower priced merch make up for it

Comment

I don't like them because:

1. They gouge you.
                        2. They have shitty customer service.
                        3. They have always treated me like I am wasting their time.
                        4. They don't carry any interesting firearms or guns I like (95% ARs and AR accessories).
                        5. They seem to pander to the extreme mall ninja crowd.
                        6. They don't know dick about firearms in general.

I'll stick with Ray's Hardware and Bachman for all my basic firearms needs and Military Gun Supply for my oddball and C&R needs (even though they don't seem to take me very seriously as I am a younger man).
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

When CTD first opened, they were pretty great. Big Mike was always cool to deal with. Now, besides their price gouging, they act like they're doing you a huge favor to bless you with their attention and act like whatever you're doing is a waste of their precious time. I'm done with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post
                            thats why you run as thin as possible but still hold stock What you have in hand when the bubble pops and prices go down you can cost average in with the new product and get rid of. you may sell at cost or even below but the new sales of lower priced merch make up for it
                            Right on. Some people won't do that, though. A store near me let a case of .45acp sit on the shelf for two years, rather than do that. They just won't sell something if they have take a loss on that individual item.

Comment

Working...
                            X