got my stolen nook back, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my stolen nook back, need help

Long story short to hoods came into my place of work, and walked into my office while I was out of the room and stole my brand new Nook HD off my desk. I was unable to find them myself, and the police couldn't either. But apparently we got close enough for them to send a third party to return the nook. Now I have my nook back, and the new one I got as a replacement. But the stolen one has a password lock on the main screen. Add to that the fucker who stole its smiling face as a background. I know that I can get it factory reset to clear it all out, but I want in this thing as it sits now. Anyone know how to hack this thing?

this just pisses me off.
    Last edited by 4bangen; 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM. Reason: new info

hmmmm google image search that shit.

Comment

I had to laugh at the "Welcome Back" with the two grinning shit-heels. Sorry...

Comment

So you let the dude leave without getting the cops there?

Comment

I was in shock realy I didn't expect to get it back. And its my place of work. I don't want shit going down up here. I'm not a DFWM Bad Ass. I fight like a 12yo girl.

Comment

on top of that I was greatful for they guy who brought it back. It wasnt until I saw that picture that I got pissed again. And he was already gone.

Comment

All the true gangsta's use NooKs.

You may have to do the factory reset. If you have stuff on there you want to potentially recover does it have a SD type memory chip in it?

Other than that I would just reset it, probley better just to wipe it clean so you don't have to stare at any more pictures of thieves.
              WRX

Comment

Take a picture first though and have it circulated around the office in case they try again.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

a true hackzer could figure it out.

zerocool in the house?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    . I'm not a DFWM Bad Ass. I fight like a 12yo girl.
                    Thank you for your 11 years of service here on the board. with this new information that has been brought to light, we regretfully will have to ban you permanently for not meeting our stringent membership criteria.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I did it all for the nook
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                        I did it all for the nook
                        hahaha
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Send the photo to your local police, ask them who the guy is and his last known address, knock on his door and ask him to please give you the password.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            Thank you for your 11 years of service here on the board. with this new information that has been brought to light, we regretfully will have to ban you permanently for not meeting our stringent membership criteria.

god bless.
                            well shit. Does it help that I shoot like Annie Oakley? lol I haven't been in a fight since the 12th grade, I doubt I could hold my own any more. I've just learned to pick my battles. My wife, my home, and my kid are worth fighting for. A $200 e-book reader... not so much. 10-15 years ago would have been a different story. I surely would have been willing to get my ass kicked over far less.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              well shit. Does it help that I shoot like Annie Oakley? lol I haven't been in a fight since the 12th grade, I doubt I could hold my own any more. I've just learned to pick my battles. My wife, my home, and my kid are worth fighting for. A $200 e-book reader... not so much. 10-15 years ago would have been a different story. I surely would have been willing to get my ass kicked over far less.
                              So you fight like a girl AND you shoot like a girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X