• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm confused how did you get it back?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      i'm confused how did you get it back?
      as told by the guy that brought it back to me. His friends stole it, and this I do know, because I saw the guys that stole it. He said they used his car when they stole it.(I took a picture of the car as they where driving off.)

He says he doesn't want to get caught up in their mess, and that his girl is about to have a baby. He brought it back to my work and returned it to me. He also said if there where any debts he would figure out a way to take care of them. Frankly I was so shocked by the whole exchange I thanked him for manning up and returning it and let him go.
      after that I got pissed at my self for doing that, hence my original post.
      After a whole day of thinking on it, I'm still split on what I should have done. I did get my nook back(even though I already got a new one, so it still cost me.) and got it in such a way that I don't have to worry about those little fucks coming after me for revenge. But I still would have liked to have f'ed their worlds up. I do hate a thief.
      At the end of the day, crooks will be crooks, at least I don't have to sit and think about them enjoying my stolen property any more.

Comment

You had a pic of the car with the license plate clearly visible? Did you give that to the cops?

Comment

yup. no dice, they think the new owner has not re registered the car. It's still in the last guys name.

Comment

That pic looks like it was a perfect hood jumping opportunity. Talisman disapproves.

Comment

thanks for clearing that up! pretty cool of that kid to return it

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                yup. no dice, they think the new owner has not re registered the car. It's still in the last guys name.
                That sucks, glad it worked out.

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                That pic looks like it was a perfect hood jumping opportunity. Talisman disapproves.
                Fuck yeah

Comment

lol, I'm in no shape to jump a hood. Worst part of the whole thing is I'm now dealing with nook customer service. fuck those guys!

Comment

lol at the tag

Comment

Did the kid leave any contact info? See if he'll get you the password.

Comment

no he did not.

Comment

i would be scared to do anything sensitive on that thing. online banking etc.

Comment

I hear ya, I don't plan on using it. Infact Barns & Noble's customer service is SO bad, I'm thinking about returning all three now. I originally bought two, one for my wife, and one for me. My mom got me a new one for Christmas after mine was stolen. It would take a whole page or more to explain all the ways Nook suport fucked me over since the theft. I've spent more than 6 hours on the phone with them. The Investigator spent almost 3 hours. I'm still hunting for the right person to complain to.

Comment

return, purchase kindle fire hd, win.

Comment

Well, I talked to the police today, and got the rest of the story. The kid that returned it to me was in the car while the other two came in to my office and stole it. He was also the one that was smart enough to register the nook in his own name and email. Turns out after the last time I spoke to the detective, he had finally gotten in touch with the loss prevention department of Barns & Noble and got the email address currently attached to the nook. The detective did a facebook search on it and BINGO! Lol. He called the kid and talked him into bringing the stolen item to the police station. Instead he brought it to me. Guess he thought he would be arrested on the spot if he showed up there.
                                So, now comes the fun part when the cop goes and picks up the democrats and takes them to jail. Turns out they are all collage students, and all (had) clean records. Seeing as they have no moral compass to tell them not to steal, maybe a night or two in jail will be enough to get keep their hands off other peoples hard earned shit. Probably just wishful thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X