Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More, whats it worth with sporting rifles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More, whats it worth with sporting rifles.

I have looked around the internet and cant really find too much for me to be able to get an idea of what these might be worth so can you fine fellas help me out again?

First is a Remington model 700 chambered in 6mm that has a bull barrel and appears to have a Bushnell Banner in a 6x magnification. (optic was probably bought in the 80's)

Second is a Remington model 1903 in 30/06 that has been sporterized it is in real nice shape and I would like to have this one myself but I have other fish to fry with my cash right now.
    These are all going up for sale and I have plenty more I just cant put them all up at once.

Pics coming up....

Comment

Dang. I kind of want that 6mm. Holler at me when you figure out what you'd like for it.

EDIT: can I go ahead and call dibs?
      Last edited by YALE; 02-28-2013, 09:28 PM.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Dang. I kind of want that 6mm. Holler at me when you figure out what you'd like for it.
        X2
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

You both may be in luck as he has another, only difference is the other is not a bull barrel and its a model 788 instead of 700. Its kind of a make an offer kind of deal. He is not going to "give" them away but he is not asking top dollar either. Deal is he does not know what they are worth. I am trying to help him out (my step dad) with the sales and just make sure he does not get totally taken to the cleaners.

Comment

I like that 1903, actually looks tastefully done. PM me whatcha want for it.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              I like that 1903, actually looks tastefully done. PM me whatcha want for it.
              It was done in good taste and I knew you in particular would be after it. I don't know as far as price, this one is hard to gauge. Prices are all over the place on these. I have seen them as low as a couple hundo and on up.

Comment

Sporter 1903's typically sell for 300-500 in my experience.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

From what I can tell online this 1903 was manufactured sometime in the middle of 42'

Comment

Also I am going to go back today and get some more pics but he has this scope for that 6mm that has its own carrying case. It's the craziest looking thing I have seen in person as its about 18" long and is a 20x magnification. Step dad says that on that 6mm they we're plinking white tail rabbits at 600 yards with it pretty easily.

Not to mention a ton of reloading stuff I need to go through.

Comment

Working...
                    X