Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this question is going to seem ridiculous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this question is going to seem ridiculous...

but I've always wondered. Has anyone here every used a parachute flare in a 37mm or 26.5mm launcher to aid them in hunting pigs in a field at night? I'm just curious.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Seems like a logical idea but one main concern would be fire hazard.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Especially in Texas, a fire hazard would be the biggest concern. Great idea, though, just poor execution.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

agree with the fire hazard

what also is a hazard is firing "some old ammo" that a friends dad had given to us... turns out there were a few incendiary rounds in the box. we caught a field on fire not once but twice before we realized what was going on

Comment

I have launched all kinds of flares and stuff out of them, but they really dont put out much light. Marine flare guns work ok too (the orion ones)
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I've set a field on fire in the snow in NJ with a 40mm flare..... No joke.

Comment

I think it would scare them off, then they would hang out in the thickest shit ever all fucking night.

NV and Thermal is the way to go. I know, it's pricey, I don't own any. I just borrow and beg.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                I think it would scare them off, then they would hang out in the thickest shit ever all fucking night.

NV and Thermal is the way to go. I know, it's pricey, I don't own any. I just borrow and beg.
                My hunting buddies collectively have nv and thermal, its just a thought. They make flares that go out well before they hit. Fire hazard is my biggest concern.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  My hunting buddies collectively have nv and thermal, its just a thought. They make flares that go out well before they hit. Fire hazard is my biggest concern.
                  Do you still have that monocular?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

mount a light source to a quad-rotor and buzz over them

Comment

I dont know but if you can find any half assed excuse to mount any type of launcher on the bottom of your AR its ok with me!

Comment

Guy on craigslist is selling a chromed 37mm launcher
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                          Guy on craigslist is selling a chromed 37mm launcher
                          Comes with malt liquor?

Comment

Working...
                          X