No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marvel universe is more interconnected than you thought.

Writer-director James Gunn revealed to Entertainment Weekly that the upcoming “Guardians of the Galaxy” will be tied to the studio’s most successful property to date.

“We’re definitely connected to ‘Avengers 3,’” Gunn said in this week’s EW.

That link may be Thanos, the main villain in “Guardians” who killed the families of Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Nebula (Karen Gillan) and raised the pair as siblings. Thanos appeared at the end of “The Avengers” and writer-artist Jim Starlin said last year that he will be featured in the “Avengers” sequel “Age of Ultron.” So Thanos (one of the last sons of the original colonists, Mentor and Sui-San) could very well be a baddie in the franchise’s third installment.

Because Thanos is often associated with the Infinity Gauntlet, which is made up of the “Infinity Stones,” the villain can also be linked to other Marvel movies. The Tesseract (the glowing blue cube) from “Avengers” and the Aether (the red particle cloud) from “Thor: The Dark World” are two of these stones, and one of them wound up with “Guardians of the Galaxy” villain the Collector in the end credits of “Dark World.”

“Guardians,” also starring Chris Pratt, bows Aug. 1, while “Age of Ultron” hits theaters on May 1, 2015.

Comment

That is awesome! Who would have ever thought that Disney would be where it is now. Kinda scary but cool lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        That is awesome! Who would have ever thought that Disney would be where it is now. Kinda scary but cool lol.
        No shit, especially because I bought a bunch of their stock at $32, lol
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          no marvel movie will have the humor Iron Man has had. every marvel movie.does not have to have humor.
          The trailer alone has Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, John C. Riley, Karen Gillan, Benicio Del Toro, and Peter Serafinowicz, and you're worried about what exactly? That the comedic element might seem a little forced? Go back to letting Buzzo post for you.
          Last edited by YALE; 04-13-2014, 01:19 AM.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            No shit, especially because I bought a bunch of their stock at $32, lol
            Holy shit, that 5 year chart makes me drool. Should have thought about that when they bought Marvel.
            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

A new few seconds

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
                Holy shit, that 5 year chart makes me drool. Should have thought about that when they bought Marvel.
                Fuck Marvel, that is nothing, they bought Lucasfilm and everything it owns for $4 billion. They'll clear $700 million just on the box office from the next film. Hell I bet by the time they do toys and licensing that they make half of the $4 billion back off the next Star Wars film alone. Entertainment deal of the century.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Second longer trailer.

Comment

absolutely yes!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Second longer trailer.

Video removed...

Should be the same video here:
                      Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Josh Brolin cast as Thanos in 'Guardians of the Galaxy

Comment

Interesting. I still think he would've been a better Batman.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

The movie comes out in a few months and they just now cast him?

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                              The movie comes out in a few months and they just now cast him?
                              I was wondering that too and had to retread the title to make sure I read it right

Comment

It maybe just a voice part and Thanos is CG

Comment

Working...
                                X