The Flash tv series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flash tv series

Though superhero TV shows haven’t always panned out, The CW has had success in this area in recent years. After the long-running Smallville came to a close, the network took a risk by launching Arrow, which revolved around a far lesser known superhero than Superman. The show debuted to a sizeable amount of success—both critical and commercial, and now the network is expanding its DC Television Universe even further with a pilot for The Flash. As the pilot begins filming next week, a first look at star Grant Gustin in costume has now been released online. The character actually made his first appearance on Arrow (albeit in “Barry Allen” form), but The CW is giving the character his own spinoff pilot with the hopes of launching a full The Flash series this fall. The costume is quite impressive, and it was designed by legendary, Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (Sleepy Hollow, Alice in Wonderland).

Hit the jump to take a look at the image. The cast for The Flash also includes Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order), Tom Cavanagh (Ed), Danielle Panabaker (Shark), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Candice Patton (The Game), and Carlos Valdes.

The official logline for the potential series is as follows:

Through a freak accident, scientist Barry Allen is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive, in THE FLASH.

Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

I've been digging The Arrow 2nd season and on arrow(first was a little slow). I'm hoping this has the same tone to it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

That will be very cool, if done right.
      Last edited by LS1Goat; 03-04-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Comment

^^^^He's actually going to make a guest appearance on the new show IIRC.
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
            I've been digging The Arrow 2nd season and on arrow(first was a little slow). I'm hoping this has the same tone to it.
            Agreed.... CW really has some good shows. Hopefully The Flash will be as good as Arrow and Smallville.

Has there been any talk of tom welling making an appearance on either show as superman?

Anyone have thoughts on if Arrow stays strong and Flash doing well, that CW brings another DC chAracter to tv, like batman or someone else?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
              Agreed.... CW really has some good shows. Hopefully The Flash will be as good as Arrow and Smallville.

Has there been any talk of tom welling making an appearance on either show as superman?

Anyone have thoughts on if Arrow stays strong and Flash doing well, that CW brings another DC chAracter to tv, like batman or someone else?
              That's a fanboys dream to have a Metropolis or superman show. But most fanboys are pissed that Tom Welling didn't put on the suit in the series finale. He never wanted to be type casted as superman. Fox is doing a Gotham tv show that follows a young Jim Gordon; the CW had this project in the works but it never panned out. Bruce Wayne will be in it but as a child. Wonder woman will never get done, NBC proved that. I haven't watched Arrow but from what I've read they're following what Smallville did. From what I've read there was strong interest in having Stephen Amell having the role of green arrow in the justice league movie. There was talks of the show being connected with the cinematic universe of man of steel.
              Last edited by idrivea4banger; 03-05-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                That's a fanboys dream to have a Metropolis or superman show. But most fanboys are pissed that Tom Welling didn't put on the suit in the series finale. He never wanted to be type casted as superman. Fox is doing a Gotham tv show that follows a young Jim Gordon; the CW had this project in the works but it never panned out. Bruce Wayne will be in it but as a child. Wonder woman will never get done, NBC proved that. I haven't watched Arrow but from what I've read they're following what Smallville did. From what I've read there was strong interest in having Steve Amell having the role of green arrow in the justice league movie. There was talks of the show being connected with the cinematic universe of man of steel.
                What site(s) do u frequent for ur movie news and rumors
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                  What site(s) do u frequent for ur movie news and rumors
                  When Smallville was on the CW I would always go to kryptonsite. Another site I use every now and then is zergnet.

Comment

Full view of costume:

Comment

Has a bit of the New 52 look to it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Comment

I saw him last week on fry street.

Comment

Comment

Well that looks halfway descent.

Comment

Working...
                              X