Sous vide steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sous vide steak

Anova is running a sale right now on their sous vide machine so finally pulled the trigger. Did a couple NY strips in it tonight (next cook will be the norm; ribeyes).

I wound up leaving these in for about 6 hrs as I got busy doing other things but it didn't seem to affect the quality other than being fucking delicious.

Got the cooler humming at 130 degrees.

Pulled them out, dried them off, salt and pepper, then seared them on a screaming hot cast iron pan I had preheated in the egg. A little Kerrygold after coming off = perfection.

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
    Anova is running a sale right now on their sous vide machine so finally pulled the trigger. Did a couple NY strips in it tonight (next cook will be the norm; ribeyes).

I wound up leaving these in for about 6 hrs as I got busy doing other things but it didn't seem to affect the quality other than being fucking delicious.

Got the cooler humming at 130 degrees.

Pulled them out, dried them off, salt and pepper, then seared them on a screaming hot cast iron pan I had preheated in the egg. A little Kerrygold after coming off = perfection.

Daaaaang.

Comment

I've had mine for a few months and love it.

Comment

So what's the difference between this and just boiling the steak. I no nothing of this product

Comment

Temperature and heat distribution...you can only boil around 212F...

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            So what's the difference between this and just boiling the steak. I no nothing of this product
            Google sous-vide.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Google sous-vide.
              I should google no versus know

Comment

I should google no versus know
                It's a holiday weekend, bro. Even Nazis take days off.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I just purchased.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Temperature and heat distribution...you can only boil around 212F...
                    ^ that, but there is more to it. You set the water temp to your desired final internal temp. It won't overcook, even when you get busy like the OP did. Beyond that, when you pull a vacuum to vac seal the steak, whatever you season/marinade with penetrates deeper in to the meat. And as you're cooking, the rendered fat has nowhere to go, so it adds flavor. It all translates to more flavorful, extremely tender proteins. I have a BBQ restaurant doing sous vide now, and their results have been spectacular.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      ^ that, but there is more to it. You set the water temp to your desired final internal temp. It won't overcook, even when you get busy like the OP did. Beyond that, when you pull a vacuum to vac seal the steak, whatever you season/marinade with penetrates deeper in to the meat. And as you're cooking, the rendered fat has nowhere to go, so it adds flavor. It all translates to more flavorful, extremely tender proteins. I have a BBQ restaurant doing sous vide now, and their results have been spectacular.
                      How are you going to dangle that carrot without dropping the name?!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        mi dia from arby's .... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          mi dia from arby's .... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

god bless.
                          Meat Mountain!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            It hasn't rolled out to all locations yet. When it does, I will.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Dickeys is going to be a game changer

Comment

Working...
                              X