Toyota in San Antonio is hiring for assembly- No experience required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota in San Antonio is hiring for assembly- No experience required

This job may not be for most as it is in San Antonio, might not be the wage for others, but for those that are relocatable or live near SA, it might be something worth looking into.

It took me just over 2 months, and 4 separate trips to SA to go through the process to get hired. For those that have worked/applied at Peterbilt you will have an inside advantage with the hiring process as the same company proctors it ( Select Track/ Select Int ), and is in the same exact format.

You are hired first as an Aerotek Employee at $15.12/HR, benefits after 60 days, 5% raise every 6 months until you either quit or convert over to Toyota - at which time the wage goes into the low 20`s per hr, employer provides all the clothing - including steel toes, bonuses every so often ( not sure of amounts yet ), and plenty of OT once you complete training.

The job rotates day shift/ night shift every 2 weeks, and is in expansion mode because Toyota simply cannot build enough Tacoma`s & Tundra`s to sell right now. The San Antonio plant will put out 260,000 trucks this year and is going to switch to making Saturday a permanent production day ( everyone will flex a day off during the week & have Sundays off as well ) to up 2016 production to 300,000 trucks.

Application is here:

Need Help? We're here to help you! please contact us if you need assistance. --Need Help? We're here to help you! please contact us if you need assistance.

See video for more info:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Another Toyota- San Antonio video for those that are interested in more about the assembly process and to be better able to answer the " What do you know..... " questions at interview time.

Visit Toyota's San Antonio, Texas manufacturing facility, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas (TMMTX). TMMTX is the exclusive home of Toyota Tundra and Tacoma.

Comment

Damn that sounds like pretty awesome pay for no experience. Im sure they also have some good benefits when you convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Damn that sounds like pretty awesome pay for no experience. Im sure they also have some good benefits when you convert.
        It is. I will just add this for those thinking about ( or have applied ). When you reach the physical stage, it`s a more in depth physical that`s more like a MEPS physical than your typical pre employment physical. It is imperative that if you are on ANY prescribed medication that you follow the instructions to the "T" and get that printout from your pharmacy. I take medication for high blood pressure, and was allowed to take the physical because I declared it and brought the paperwork. The guy behind me didnt, and was given a medical release form to take to his Dr to sign saying he was physically fit to take this test and told to call and reschedule AFTER getting that filled out.

Also.... If you have done recreational drugs in the last 12 months, they do 3 tests during the hiring phase... 2 urine and 1 hair follicle. Get yourself clean for a year minimum before applying. If you fail, you`re out for good.

Comment

The 2 weeks day, 2 weeks night can really mess with you though. My buddy got sick as hell for a while because his sleep schedule kept getting all jacked up. He's been out there since before they went into full production and likes it.

I worked at the plant for a contractor and my office was in the paint shop. It was cool getting to walk around and see the entire process. I picked a truck and followed it from blank steel sheets to rolling off the assembly line.
          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Starting entry level pay has been raised to $17/hr with rotating hourly pay added in.

Comment

Working...
            X