No announcement yet.

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn this thing has cam, blower etc. Gets some heads and make some power.

I thought it was a stock 5.0 with gears.

Comment

It makes 300ish to the wheels with a cam and a blower? I know the heads aren't great, but c'mon. It's down at least 75hp. You might do a cylinder leak down test to make sure it's mechanically sound. Then check some other basic tune-up type stuff with timing, cap/rotor/plugs/wires, fuel filter etc.

A set of AFR 165s and a little more boost will get you into block-splitting territory (500rw).
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Heads- yeah I know heads. Didn't do my homework when the engine was rebuilt. So I ended up with stock rebuilt heads, and a cam and it made 205 rwhp. Then I had the stock lower intake ported and it made 223.
        A couple of years later I sold a foxbody so I had a little over $3k to play with. I opted for the supercharger vs a new topend for a couple of reasons. A vortech kit and a new topend would cost about the same, and I think I got more hp per dollar with the supercharger than I would have with a new topend. Also I knew it was going to be kind of a "one shot deal," I don't have anymore foxbodies to sell and I knew that there wasn't going to be an extra $3k laying around anytime soon. If I thought that "one day" I'd have the disposable income to get a new topend and forced induction, I would've went with the new topend when I sold the fox.
        The motor probably has around 5k miles on it. It passed a leak down and compression test not so long ago. I don't think that there's that much power left on the table, defiantly not 70 hp. Would I like a good head job? Who wouldn't [emoji12] , but it's not in the cards for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          Damn this thing has cam, blower etc. Gets some heads and make some power.

I thought it was a stock 5.0 with gears.
          How much power do you think the typical 165 AFR or 170 TFS topend combos 302's are making!? The majority aren't making 300 rwhp, it's usually like 270-290. Those that do break 300 hp, they don't break it by much. When I mean typical I mean an h/c/i combo in the $3k-$4k range.
          Is your mustang modular powered?
          UPDATE - FastDriver (26AUG13): After some recent interest in the forums, this thread is again active. Please feel free to add your own dyno, timeslip, and mods. The more details you can provide, the better. Posts without documentation will eventually be deleted. This thread exists to give...

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          It makes 300ish to the wheels with a cam and a blower? I know the heads aren't great, but c'mon. It's down at least 75hp. You might do a cylinder leak down test to make sure it's mechanically sound. Then check some other basic tune-up type stuff with timing, cap/rotor/plugs/wires, fuel filter etc.

A set of AFR 165s and a little more boost will get you into block-splitting territory (500rw).
          Everything is new.

Comment

Not to sound rude, but that time slip is typical of a stock 87-04 Mustang w/ gears. Not a cammed 306 with a supercharger. Your mph should be higher for what you're putting down. What were your shift points? You definitely need some sticky tires, but there is a problem somewhere else with that car. It's nosing over on the big end.

Comment

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              Not to sound rude, but that time slip is typical of a stock 87-04 Mustang w/ gears. Not a cammed 306 with a supercharger. Your mph should be higher for what you're putting down. What were your shift points? You definitely need some sticky tires, but there is a problem somewhere else with that car. It's nosing over on the big end.
              There's a pretty decent power gap between a stock 87 and a stock 04.
              A stock '87 might be lucky to make 200 rwhp. A cam in an otherwise stock 87 might gain 10 hp.
              Shift points- 5,900ish.
              I'm crossing the line in 3rd gear at redline. .

Last edited by Payingcustomer; 08-29-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Double

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                  Ya for a second i forgot it had a blower on it. I had a fox hatchback 5 speed car back in 07' (little lighter than his car) with just gears and slicks other wise stock down to the silencer in the fender that went 8.75 @ 77mph. Your torrque numbers aren't terribly off but the horsepower is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                    Ya for a second i forgot it had a blower on it. I had a fox hatchback 5 speed car back in 07' (little lighter than his car) with just gears and slicks other wise stock down to the silencer in the fender that went 8.75 @ 77mph. Your torrque numbers aren't terribly off but the horsepower is for sure.
                    i think mine was 8.78 on slicks, coupe with a stock engine and 4.10's.
                    Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 08-29-2016, 07:17 PM.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                      torrque numbers aren't terribly off but the horsepower is for sure.

You think? It started life as a 200 rwhp car and 6 or so lbs of boost gained 100 hp. I think that's about all it can make as is. I kind of drive out of the hole and then get on it. I run out of rpm's and track at the top of 3rd.
                      It seems like most h/c/i + forced induction make around 400 whp and the bulk of 87-95's target n/a hp goal is around 300. It gets expensive to gain 100 whp n/a in those models.

Comment

Just trying to help man don't get defensive. He said he can't drive it that well and I'm sure you will get better the more trips you take. So I could see shaving some off there for sure.

My stock 92lx hatch did have gears and h pipe went 8.62ish at 77 78. Heads and cam later at 260hp went 8.2 at 82. 100 shot went 7.5s at 93 94. That had more in it but never went back to the track just street raced it.

You'll get there eventually but I suggest look at how fast you want to go. Look at proven combos and see what you want to deal with as far as comfort.

I ran all spherical shit and solid mounts later on and it daily drove fine. Yes it road like a tank and was noisey but it was quick for what it was.

Comment

I forgot to add I had a shitty stock throttle body and crap off the shelf cobra intake at the time, stock clutch fan etc.

I was leaving quite a bit due to my crappy intake etc. They respond very well when they can breathe

Comment

95 GT 1/8 mile.

Just trying to help man don't get defensive. He said he can't drive it that well and I'm sure you will get better the more trips you take. So I could see shaving some off there for sure.

My stock 92lx hatch did have gears and h pipe went 8.62ish at 77 78. Heads and cam later at 260hp went 8.2 at 82. 100 shot went 7.5s at 93 94. That had more in it but never went back to the track just street raced it.

You'll get there eventually but I suggest look at how fast you want to go. Look at proven combos and see what you want to deal with as far as comfort.

I ran all spherical shit and solid mounts later on and it daily drove fine. Yes it road like a tank and was noisey but it was quick for what it was.

I forgot to add I had a shitty stock throttle body and crap off the shelf cobra intake at the time, stock clutch fan etc.

I was leaving quite a bit due to my crappy intake etc. They respond very well when they can breathe
                            I wasn't being defensive really. Maybe I can get it down in the lower 8's but I'm not gonna try too hard, if I blow it up it'll never fixed. It'll hardly see the track so it sounds like spherical bearings are out for me. I'd rather have a better ride on the street than to knock of a hundredth at the track. I'm also not going to add any bolt-ons at this point because they'd just be a waste of money, if it won't knock off a full second, then I'm not buying it. I can't see going from a 60 mm TB to a 65-70. would help much if any, and I don't think going from a 70mm maf to a 75 would either. The heads are my restriction.

Last edited by Payingcustomer; 08-29-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

You are really rich in the first dyno graph all the way up to just under the horsepower peak. You should be picking up about 14 horsepower per psi of boost with the Vortech so you aren't all that far off if you are only making 8 psi. The biggest improvement would be tires, second would be exhaust, you can't run a blower with that stock shit on there.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                You are really rich in the first dyno graph all the way up to just under the horsepower peak. You should be picking up about 14 horsepower per psi of boost with the Vortech so you aren't all that far off if you are only making 8 psi. The biggest improvement would be tires, second would be exhaust, you can't run a blower with that stock shit on there.

The second graph is the most recent and supposedly it's the same tune on each graph. I kinda don't think so though. What would you say, same or different.? Tires, would be cool but it's not really going to be raced enough to justify a pair. I'd rather have a street car that can cruise fair, handle fair, and go in a straight line fair than one that excels in only one area. I'm a poor bastsrd so I can only put some much money in each area. Do you really think an aftermarket mid pipe would be worth it? If it it'd be under 20 hp than it wouldn't be worth it to me. In my minds eye I'm seeing a 10hp or less gain but I could be wrong. I'm not doing long tubes and I think shorties wouldn't be worth the money. They might flow a tad better but not enough to justify the price, and since you can't even really see them they wouldn't even really add any bling.

Comment

Working...
                                X