No announcement yet.

collision bros!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should have used JB Weld for the body repair!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
      Nobody is required to report to them. They usually get info from police reports and dealerships/inspection stations. As stated they run off consumers ignorance.

I have used panel bond on all kinds of things for years, it is great stuff and stronger than welding if done correctly.
      It irks the shit out of me that customers think we report to them. I don't know for sure, but I assumed the state (because you're suppose to turn in the green sheet to Austin after a wreck) or insurance companies sold them the info. Somebody is making money off giving Carfax the info.

Comment

I am right there with ya, I find it fun to see people's faces when I tell them it's bullshit and to let me just look at the car. Oh you know they are banking!

Comment

Insurance companies.... they will do anything for money including buying radar detectors for PDs.

And looking at the video the damage has almost nothing to do with the roof. They hit something going pretty damn fast and it almost looks like the car they hit burst into flames too.
          Last edited by AnthonyS; 07-28-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

They should have tacked the 4 corners but it is a ok to use panel bond in that way. The issue of this accident had nothing to do with the roof, they are just fishing for a lawsuit when they should just be glad to be breathing. A roof skin is not a structural part of a cars structure, and carfax is a scam. All the news is doing is fear mongering like usual with inaccurate info.
            It absolutely is a structural component of the car.

None of this information is inaccurate....just read the Honda repair manual. You don't work at a body shop do you? If so...who do I need to make sure is avoided by everyone I know?

Show me what is inaccurate and the analysis you've done to ensure that the roof skin isn't structural....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

None of this information is inaccurate....just read the Honda repair manual. You don't work at a body shop do you? If so...who do I need to make sure is avoided by everyone I know?

Show me what is inaccurate and the analysis you've done to ensure that the roof skin isn't structural....
              I'm no roof scientist, but just the thin aluminum skin doesn't sound like it would do much for structural support.

Comment

have you ever seen a new roof skin? have you ever seen how one is installed?

even if one was welded around the entire perimeter, it is still just a very thin piece of sheet metal resting on foam on top of flimsy cross-members. the front and rear cross members are actual structure that give strength.

you think a door skin is actually structure?

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                  have you ever seen a new roof skin? have you ever seen how one is installed?

even if one was welded around the entire perimeter, it is still just a very thin piece of sheet metal resting on foam on top of flimsy cross-members. the front and rear cross members are actual structure that give strength.

you think a door skin is actually structure?
                  The factors that impact structural integrity are not always intuitive...especially with structures that are designed to deform in a very specific manner during a collision.

Get a 20oz bottle cap and squish it to make it oblong. Now take that same cap, cut out the thin center and do the same. You will see just how much of a difference it makes to have that little bit of material.

A door skin is not tied to the primary structure of a car....im now sure why you even brought that up.

Comment

Been in the industry 17 years and done every job well from washing cars to manage centers. Most my time has been working for Caliber and Service King. Looks like everyone else answered your misinformed post, anything else that we can answer for ya cupcake?

Comment

Oh and it's called a skin for a reason, I do have a question. You don't work in the collision industry do you?

Comment

LOL at ruffdaddie getting bitch-slapped once again.

Comment

Been in the industry 17 years and done every job well from washing cars to manage centers. Most my time has been working for Caliber and Service King. Looks like everyone else answered your misinformed post, anything else that we can answer for ya cupcake?
                          I'm an actual engineer...not a repair tech that prefers to make the job easier on himself. I actually do structural analyses weekly....so a little more qualified than roof gluing and car washing.

And a link was literally just posted claiming the roof panel is structural...so wtf are you blabbing about. You are 100% wrong and shouldn't be in the industry if you want to take shortcuts on safety related repairs.

Comment

I'm an actual engineer...not a repair tech that prefers to make the job easier on himself. I actually do structural analyses weekly....so a little more qualified than roof gluing and car washing.

And a link was literally just posted claiming the roof panel is structural...so wtf are you blabbing about. You are 100% wrong and shouldn't be in the industry if you want to take shortcuts on safety related repairs.
                            What link?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              What link?
                              Post 23...

Comment

Working...
                              X