Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young adults eating soap pod's .. W T F ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young adults eating soap pod's .. W T F ?

Is this the best idea you can come up with for having fun ?

Good god that is dumb

You shouldn’t try the Tide Pod Challenge, despite the memes. But it’s not weird to want to.

Planet Earth is brimming with millions of different objects. But in this young year, there is perhaps no single item that has moved the dangerous desires of the human spirit as much as the brightly hued laundry detergent capsules known as Tide Pods.

One of several similar products on the market, Tide Pods are described by their maker as “small but powerful” alternatives to traditional laundry detergent that qualify as much “more than just a liquid in a pouch.” These pods, Tide seems to promise, can revolutionize the way we wash life’s indignities out of our clothes.

Squishy little soap nuggets, I guess, are someone’s vision of the future of doing laundry. Each small pouch contains brightly colored liquid, and if you take a sniff, you’ll observe notes of a floral, chemical-scented bubble bath. Comparisons to pieces of candy abound.

Tide Pods are also poisonous to the human body — filled, as they are, with concentrated laundry detergent — and thus are not intended for consumption.

Tide’s reliance on the powers of poison to help us enhance the brightness of our clothing isn’t surprising or abnormal. It should go without saying that laundry soap isn’t meant to be eaten, including Tide Pods. Nonetheless, this hasn’t stopped many people from wanting to bite into one.

Indeed, the company’s website offers an extensive, multi-step guide to safeguarding children against the dangers of eating Tide Pods — according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, there were 10,500 cases involving kids under the age of 5 being exposed to laundry detergent packets in 2017. Further, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, two children and six adults died from consuming laundry pods between 2012, when they first hit the market, and 2017.

And it’s in the pods’ strange combination of convenience, candy-like appearance, and potential to kill you that the first full-fledged internet meme of 2018 was born.

Admit it: don’t you kind of want to know what a Tide Pod tastes like?
    Over the past two weeks, creative citizens across the internet have trolled the idea of eating Tide Pods into comedic existence. People have imagined Gordon Ramsay praising their deliciousness, invented apocalyptic fantasy scenarios where fights break out in supermarkets over the last bag of pods on the shelf, and even tried baking Tide Pods onto a frozen pizza:

I think we need more trends like this. Our herd needs culling and this is a good way to weed out the weaker ones.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      I think we need more trends like this. Our herd needs culling and this is a good way to weed out the weaker ones.
      x2

Comment

Last thing we need is more people on SS ... And disability

Comment

Honestly, im okay with it. Play stupid games..

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Yeah fuck 'em. We've got such a large gene pool now, that there's lots of people who would naturally weed themselves out. If this were 1k years ago, those people either would have never been born because their parents stupid genes would have killed them first, or they'd have died as a stupid kid. Darwin awards.

I was thinking of a voluntary gladiator sport. Anyone stupid enough to join that and fight to the death, is just another one that needed to be weeded out. Televise it. And you just know how many people would flock to it to join. All completely voluntary though.
            WH

Comment

Blame bad parenting and our education system. These are people with no common sense and no skills, much less awareness that phosphates found in detergent will chemically burn your throat in an instant.

I'm sure this is all somehow Trump's fault.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Trump is in bed with Big Detergent... you didn't know?

Comment

If you don't EAT pods you're a bigot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

They should start sticking them up their butts instead.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      if you don't eat pods you're a nazi.

Sent from my sm-g955u using tapatalk
                      ftfy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Blame bad parenting and our education system. These are people with no common sense and no skills, much less awareness that phosphates found in detergent will chemically burn your throat in an instant.

A Coke has more phosphates than most laundry detergents and I believe that Tide along with all other P&G laundry detergents has no phosphates at all anymore.

In reference to the tags; I use Costco brand unscented liquid laundry detergent.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                            jajajajajaja

Comment

speaking of up butts. so soaking tampons in vodka and putting them in my ass is no longer a thing. i am not mad about it i guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X