What do y'all think about this video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do y'all think about this video?

This guy came out last night and shot a huge boar and there are some badass thermal shots.

That's much better and I actually wanted to watch this to.the end. There always room for improvement but let me run down what I liked and where you're gotten a lot better.

1 - better audio, no annoying wind and much less dead silence.

2 - you told a story that was easy to follow. A guy wanted to get a good hunt in before moving, had a but of trouble but finally got the call to bring some pigs over. Then got the money shot.

3 - you had a lot more shot variety. Headshots, thermal, flybys...etc

4 - you also didnt just spray bullets at the pack. I hate seeing people wing a bunch of pigs because they try to mow down a whole pack.

5 - you actually are starting to sound natural on camera.

To keep pushing the envelope:

-Some scenes were still a bit long but they needed to be to get then story in. So to get variety most people will overlay another clip or change camera angles. One example could be when your guy was recapping the hunt, flash some quick 5 second picture in picture clips of what hes discussing...maybe just looking through the thermal and dropping the beast.

-better lighting on the pig at the end would be great. I'm sure that's something you wish you had, but didnt think to carry out huge floodlights.

-add in a little more b-roll of just random recordings of the equipment you're using.

So overall it's a lot better and a big step up from windy footage on a bass boat with no story or context. It's still not easy to build an audience but I'd expect this to have higher viewer retention which helps in the long run.

Comment

Thanks Ruff
      I didn't want to take the side by side down there to pick up the pigs because it is extremely loud and I haven't picked up a muffler for it yet. So no bright light bar. I could have brought out my spotlight and led bar light I use for my boat but the guy was in a hurry to get that big sucker cut up and back home before his wife killed him lol. It still took us an hour just to get the head off of that thing so he could get a shoulder mount of it. The hide was 2" plus thickness. The neck bone was about a foot deep so I had to use the lopping shears to pop the neck bone. The head by itself wieghed over 50 pounds. EACH backstrap wieghed 16 pounds. We just quartered it up and he put it all besides the gutt bucket in 6 big contractor bags.
      As far as the spraying and praying practices I hate that as well. This guy being in the army for 20 years is very familiar with the 1 shot 1 kill method. We are a shotgun, bow, or crossbow only ranch. He has had a ton of surgeries on his shoulder and couldn't pull a bow back, wouldn't be able to pull my crossbow, I really didn't want him shooting a shotgun and it really jacking up his shoulder so after talking with him and all that I allowed him to use the rifle.
      Last edited by krazy kris; 08-28-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X