X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewisville gettinga a shoot point blank

Right off of 35 N of Music City Mall (Vista Ridge) in the old Cosmic Jump
    1915 S. Stemmons Freeway, Lewisville, TX 75067

Interesting Location since there is lot of crime that happens in those apartments between 35 and buisness 121.

Not sure what this will do to Eagle in Lewisville

Nice, thats just down the street from my work.

Comment

Interesting choice for the name.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I dislike how they price by the half hour/hour.

Comment

This also competes with Crossfire Defense that opened up in Flowermound.

Comment

I use the location in North Richland Hills. Nice clean place. Not too many yahoos. Prices are reasonable compared to other ranges. They have daily specials as well as Groupons and offer gun safety classes along with LTC.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              This also competes with Crossfire Defense that opened up in Flowermound.
              I want to like crossfire, but they have really limited merchandise in store and they have a huge retail space. So they seem extra empty. Hard to compete against bass pro and I think their lane rental fees are high. I suspect that it will go under unless the gym keeps it afloat

I also suspect shoot point blank will cater to the low end market, and will be an uncomfortable shooting experience.

Will it be that bad that it keeps Eagle in buisness after the 5th year is the question. Having all three plus Bass pro's range, and the Texas Gun Experience in grapevine is supposed open this fall will cause somebody to fail

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                I want to like crossfire, but they have really limited merchandise in store and they have a huge retail space. So they seem extra empty. Hard to compete against bass pro and I think their lane rental fees are high. I suspect that it will go under unless the gym keeps it afloat

I also suspect shoot point blank will cater to the low end market, and will be an uncomfortable shooting experience.

Will it be that bad that it keeps Eagle in buisness after the 5th year is the question. Having all three plus Bass pro's range, and the Texas Gun Experience in grapevine is supposed open this fall will cause somebody to fail

Well, Crossfire was the first to fall. Doors close next sunday. I bet one other wont make it.

I'm guessing shoot point blank will be a 20-25 yd range.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  Well, Crossfire was the first to fall. Doors close next sunday. I bet one other wont make it.

I'm guessing shoot point blank will be a 20-25 yd range.
                  They (spb) have rental long guns

but fuck their prices:
                  Shoot Point Blank Waiver Card* $5 / 12 months
                  Hour of Range Time $20 / Handgun or Long Gun Lanes
                  Second Shooters** $10

Comment

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville isn't going anywhere. My wife and I have been going there for years. They are very active and engaged in the community and always run specials. They have a lady's night where you can shoot for cheap with your girl. A good CHL program. They have a loyal customer base because of their excellent customer service. They run their gun range with a lot of discipline to the point of being annoying. A lot of people respect that. I think I've never been there without there being less than 3 RSOs in the room. Rapid fire will get you tossed with the quickness. Rentals for people who are interested in doing a test drive before buying. If you end up buy, they don't charge the rental fees most times. They are cool with rifles under .50 Their Gold Membership is awesome.

This is not always the case, ala BassProShop Grapevine.

shootpointblank or whatever the hell it's called is actually going to have a tough time competing with that. Not the other way around.

Comment

I dont like ranges that have hard and fast rules like 1 shot every 3 seconds like some do.

Eagle Gun Range is okay. Their range is kind of a dump compared to some of the other nicer indoor ranges coming out, and their rental selection is small. I think Texas Gun Experience is gonna blow them out of the water.

Eagle also completely screwed the pooch by submitting the wrong serial number on my form4 to the ATF for my Omega 9k.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                        shootpointblank or whatever the hell it's called is actually going to have a tough time competing with that. Not the other way around.
                        I shoot at Eagle because its the closest, but I dont shop there.

I disagree that Eagle will survive as is against shootpointblank and Riflegear's competition. Eagle Lewisville doesn't have the fancier lanes mechanics that Crossfire and Eagle Addison have. Eagle's rules about quick shots is dumb when Crossfire and Frisco Gun Club allow it, all I want to do is run Mozambique and red dot torture with out counting how fast I shot. Eagle's RSO got super uptight when I brought in my gun belt to work on reloading and muscle memory (I was told not to). And forget about practicing drawing from an OWB holster at Eagle, while Frisco Gun Club will allow it once you took their tactical class. To that point there is no tactical shooting at Eagle while Frisco does. I took my CHL at Crossfire because Eagle had no information about its instructors or their qualifications. I also don't think their getting much of the local LEO money now that the Lewisville public Safety training center has opened

But I do like Eagle's location much better than shootpointblank as I said in another post there is lot crime that happens in the area spb is in.

Comment

fuck the guntry clubs. love living out in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

stopped by shoot point blank today. Seems like a nice facility, nothing special inventory, and lots cheaply made promotionally branded items on a lot of the merch racks.

Lots of closed down buildings near by (El Chico, NTB, Valero)and not a lot of shooters

I stopped by Eagle as well, their facilities are really showing their age. But they did have a lot of shooters and they are now allowing rapid shooting drills but no holster draws
                            (for right now)

Comment

I shoot at Eagle because its the closest, but I dont shop there.

But I do like Eagle's location much better than shootpointblank as I said in another post there is lot crime that happens in the area spb is in.
                              stopped by shoot point blank today. Seems like a nice facility, nothing special inventory, and lots cheaply made promotionally branded items on a lot of the merch racks.

Lots of closed down buildings near by (El Chico, NTB, Valero)and not a lot of shooters

I stopped by Eagle as well, their facilities are really showing their age. But they did have a lot of shooters and they are now allowing rapid shooting drills but no holster draws
                              (for right now)
                              Yes, Eagle is usually busy when we go.

And that Valero in the area of spb you mentioned was closed down because there was two murders at that location in less than a year. That Inn-Town suites is shady as hell. Not an ideal location to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X