No announcement yet.

anyone about to watch street outlaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys need to put yourself in the Discovery Channel's shoes... They are trying to cater to the biggest audience as possible. Believe it or not, racing may interest only about 10%-15% of the population. So the other 85% has to be hooked somehow and that is with dramatic scenarios. Trust me, I would love to have a show on national television that showed race after race after race for an hour straight every Monday night at 9pm. Try not to be so critical of it. Sit back, have a few laughs and see some badass cars race. Only suggestion I have is to turn the damn *beep* button off. Just blank out what they are saying. That damn beep button was driving me nuts.
    2004 Cobra
    www.boostedgt.com
    www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

The coolest thing I saw was Chief's truck and all it did was race a stock looking LT1 Camaro. I'm sure some of the faster cars are pretty decent but nothing real exciting so far.

Fastest street cars in the country? Maybe in the county. They should all head down to a Texas Mile race and see what they can do with a 1500hp Gallardo.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        Fastest street cars in the country? Maybe in the county. They should all head down to a Texas Mile race and see what they can do with a 1500hp Gallardo.
        You aren't comparing apples to apples. A 1500hp Gallardo will lose by a bunch of bus lengths to the 1/8th mile, a couple bus lengths to the 1/4, and will blow the doors off these cars to the mile.
        2004 Cobra
        www.boostedgt.com
        www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
          You aren't comparing apples to apples. A 1500hp Gallardo will lose by a bunch of bus lengths to the 1/8th mile, a couple bus lengths to the 1/4, and will blow the doors off these cars to the mile.
          I'm sure ol farm truck will put bus lengths on 1500hp Gallardos in the 1/4!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
            I'm sure ol farm truck will put bus lengths on 1500hp Gallardos in the 1/4!
            What does the fastest Gallardo go to the 1/4 mile? Does it make 1500hp? Just wondering. I don't know.
            2004 Cobra
            www.boostedgt.com
            www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

I thought it was ok. Ill watch it again. Damn sure better than a lot of the other shows on tv these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                I thought it was ok. Ill watch it again. Damn sure better than a lot of the other shows on tv these days.
                I think Dancing with the Stars is on at the same time as this show... Theres always an alternative.
                2004 Cobra
                www.boostedgt.com
                www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

What does the fastest Gallardo go to the 1/4 mile? Does it make 1500hp? Just wondering. I don't know.
                  Like I said, I'm sure the Farm Truck would put bus lengths on it, but I know of one that runs 8.30's @ 180+ AWD on street tires.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                    Like I said, I'm sure the Farm Truck would put bus lengths on it, but I know of one that runs 8.30's @ 180+ AWD on street tires.
                    If it runs that to the 1/4 then I will concede. The farm truck will not beat it. What does it run to the 1/8th? Do you know?
                    2004 Cobra
                    www.boostedgt.com
                    www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

You guys need to put yourself in the Discovery Channel's shoes... They are trying to cater to the biggest audience as possible. Believe it or not, racing may interest only about 10%-15% of the population. So the other 85% has to be hooked somehow and that is with dramatic scenarios. Trust me, I would love to have a show on national television that showed race after race after race for an hour straight every Monday night at 9pm. Try not to be so critical of it. Sit back, have a few laughs and see some badass cars race. Only suggestion I have is to turn the damn *beep* button off. Just blank out what they are saying. That damn beep button was driving me nuts.
                      Oh I'll watch it, hell I can't stand Gas Monkey but I watch every week and scream at the TV!
                      Can't wait to see you on there man, I friggen love that GT of yours. Combine that with watching a local whoop some ass, hell I may watch it twice. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        Oh I'll watch it, hell I can't stand Gas Monkey but I watch every week and scream at the TV!
                        Can't wait to see you on there man, I friggen love that GT of yours. Combine that with watching a local whoop some ass, hell I may watch it twice. lol
                        Haha I hear ya. I watch Fast n Loud because I know KC who paints the cars. Just trying to show my support. The show might be cheesy and overly dramatized but shit everything on television is that way.

Thanks for the kind words! My new car should be even badder than the yellow car. I can't wait.
                        2004 Cobra
                        www.boostedgt.com
                        www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Yeah just get to work on the new car stop playing around!! Haha

Comment

Dude my arms are sunburned from all the welding that was done on Sunday!
                            2004 Cobra
                            www.boostedgt.com
                            www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Those gallardos do make 1500-1900hp and they will do low 8's in the quarter at some retard mph. I think the fastest one they built was the "nera" and they haven't pulled it out of a trailer to race anybody yet because nobody could beat their slower cars. We are talking about $250,000 cars though. You could buy a built X275 coupe for that much and drag some azz.

Comment

Dude my arms are sunburned from all the welding that was done on Sunday!
                                you need to throw your old seup in my ranger for a weekend so I can go call out Farm truck for the 10 spot!

Comment

Working...
                                X