Cattle group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cattle group buy?

Seriously, I want to buy a head of cattle, have it slaughtered, and purchase a ridiculous amount of meat for cheap and eat beef until I keel over.

a) has this ever been done

b) who is interested?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

In!!! How many can I fit on .29 acre?

Damn residential lots...

Comment

I can get you cattle. What breeds, what age and how many?
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

If you look in the steak thread, there is a link to David's Meat Market in Garland, and you can buy up to a side of beef. I'm sure he'd sell you a whole cow if you like. They also do processing, so you can buy your own cow, and take it up there. My family used to do this. We've got land leased out, and part of the lease payment was 2 head per year with a minimum weight. This stopped when my grandfather passed, though my Dad is trying to work something out with the new lessee.
        I'm in for half, depending on when, what breed, size, etc.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

god i hope ur not thinking about 'Holstein cows' i had one as a pet.

eat more chicken,
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I can get you guys certified Angus out of the hill country if you want it. I've personally worked spring calves on this herd, and they're all fat, happy, and healthy.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Interested if the price is right.
              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Me and my dad do this every year. I get half, he gets half.

But I have no idea where the cow comes from.

Comment

Run Elsie, run!

Comment

I might have some interest in this. Depends on what breed of cow, how much per person, or per pound we're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                      I can get you cattle. What breeds, what age and how many?
                      What does this run? What kind of costs are we talking about?
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It used to happen all the time. The country meat market in Fort Worth on Lancaster (right before it turns into Division) also sells entire sides of beef. If you really want a ton of beef they do bulk deals that aren't too bad.

Comment

I'm very interested, but the only cuts that I want are sirloin.
                          How much are we talking here?

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                            how much are we talking here?
                            This.

$$$ ?

Comment

Can we do the killing? Steve taught me how to choke a cow out (since they don't know how to tap).

Comment

Working...
                              X