SpaceX just made history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Technically, yes. However their rocket isn't capable of putting anything into orbit. It has no bearing on space exploration. Whereas this has a huge impact on it.
    I guess youll have to Define space exploration. Does that mean adding the the already thousands of satellites in orbit or bringing supplies to the ISS.

And by huge impact you mean huge cost savings right? The landing of a rocket is a cost saver.

And its absurd to think you cant apply blue origins tech in other applications. thats fanboyism.

Comment

How close does this get me to my own Millinium Falcon?
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

That is pretty cool.

Is Musk trying to turn into a modern day Howard Hughes?

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          How close does this get me to my own Millinium Falcon?

What the hell is an Aluminum falcon?

Comment

Awesome to watch these live. I got on the edge of my seat when they hit "Max Q". Everyone in the crowd (SpaceX employees) got dead quiet too.

It was also fun to watch them start cheering wildly when the rocket was *almost* on the ground. I was cheering with them. It was like hey...it got back to the pad...that's good enough. If it tips, we got somewhere...

Then boom...nailed it. Awesome.

Edit: Time to go play some more Kerbal...
            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

STUCK the landing!

Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Comment

Definitely a miss today. Sounds like the landing gear had a failure.

Comment

Video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAqirNbwEc0

Even in rough seas it was just 1.3m from the bullseye and had a soft landing... but that leg didn't lock out properly.

Comment

Falcon lands on droneship, but the lockout collet doesn't latch on one the four legs, causing it to tip over post landing. Root cause may have been ice buildup due to condensation from heavy fog at liftoff.

- Elon Musk

Comment

Pretty damn close. They had 13 foot waves too, before the live feed cutout you could see the platform rocking pretty hard.

I wonder if it's possible to design some kind of catch towers that fly up and catch it as soon as it lands. Twice now it's made the landing but tipped over afterwards.
                        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Just noticed this thread, some really awesome things - even the failures are progress. At least as far as we generally know.

is SpaceX an American company?
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            is SpaceX an American company?
                            Yes. Founded by Elon Musk - same guy who founded PayPal, Tesla, Solar City, etc. Basically Tony Stark.

Comment

Probably a silly question but....why did it explode?

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                                Probably a silly question but....why did it explode?
                                I believe its a pressurized assembly...not sure what pressure and fuel levels are left to land the rocket...but obviously enough to go boom.

Comment

Working...
                                X