Beef Stroganoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I was looking for authentic, but neither are bad IMO. I've also never seen it on a menu, can you kick the idea to someone who uses your test kitchen? I'll slide you a fiver if they do it in DFW.
    lol, I'll float the idea...

If you haven't had it try German goulash. The German version doesn't have tomatoes in it (like the shitty american version), and uses spaetzle. I haven't had one with mushrooms in it, but it is close in style to authentic stroganoff.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

What location?
      fixed
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I work with a few Russians. I even know where you can get authentic Russian Jew beef stroganoff. I’ve eaten there many times, but never had the stroganoff. Only place in town I know you can get Borscht too. I’d hate to share the name though as it already gets crowded.

On a side note one was my Russian coworkers recently bought a Mercedes ML wagon. I told him a real Russian gangster would’ve gone G wagon.

Comment

My research found that the big Russian communities are just south of the high five, and in Plano, which helped us eventually settle on Frisco as home, so I don't know if you will find anything near HEB. I'll let you know what I come across, but I'm not a fan of most Russian cuisine, so I won't be active seeking it out. I'll know where the "European" markets are soon enough, but my wife's cooking is enough Russian for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I work with a few Russians. I even know where you can get authentic Russian Jew beef stroganoff. I’ve eaten there many times, but never had the stroganoff. Only place in town I know you can get Borscht too. I’d hate to share the name though as it already gets crowded.

On a side note one was my Russian coworkers recently bought a Mercedes ML wagon. I told him a real Russian gangster would’ve gone G wagon.
            I hope you stub your toe tonight... like bad.

Comment

I hope you stub your toe tonight... like bad.
              He doesn't know shit about shit. Just trying to sound like somebody.

Have you tried this place? They do have stroganoff on the menu. It's in Arlington.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

Have you tried this place? They do have stroganoff on the menu. It's in Arlington.

http://tasteofeuropetx.com/restaurant.php
                No, but I'm gonna. I will report back with findings.

That meat lovers sampler is right up my ally.

Comment

Just go to the IKEA food court and pretend...

Comment

There’s only one Russian Jewish deli in Dallas.... I could tell you all sorts of things. I have a cousin of theirs as a coworker. She’s quite beautiful too with that Russian Jewish heritage.... and single. If you do figure it out ask for some pickles too. They bring ‘em free but you have to know to ask. I will probably take the family there for brunch this weekend. If you order the full open face Rueben or any such sandwich bring your big boy appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      And I’ve still forgotten more than you will ever know.

Heck tomorrow at work I could ask Slava, Igor, Kutsal, or Olga where they go but they probably just make their own. I hate struggling through Russian technical reports.... but it does pay pretty good.

Comment

Heck tomorrow at work I could ask Slava, Igor, Kutsal, or Olga where they go but they probably just make their own. I hate struggling through Russian technical reports.... but it does pay pretty good.
                        Of course it does ...
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Of course it does ...
                          It pays way more than I ever thought I’d make. Spring bonus and profit sharing statement will hit pretty soon. It’s my 2nd favorite work time of the year.

Comment

Once again, you don't know shit about shit. The only thing you know is how to let your mouth overload your ass. Shut the fuck up, blowhard. You're as bad as SVO.

Comment

Weren't you the one posting that there were no Michelin Star restaurants in the United States? Lmfao
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                                Weren't you the one posting that there were no Michelin Star restaurants in the United States? Lmfao
                                Yes. In between the many times he brags about having a pastry chef mother in law.

Comment

Working...
                                X