Bye bye Stang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye Stang

After driving a Mustang GT for 25 years (except the 1 1/2 years I had a BMW), I decided to go 4 wheeling! Picked up an XLT FX4, Texas Edition tonight. I may go look at a Lariat Monday or Tuesday, I have not signed anything yet, but did get a hell of a deal on it.
    And it is the 5.0, so still reminds me of a Stang, lol.
    Really digging the Electric Blue. Needs Zaino!

I bet u like it. I kept my Stang but got a 2017 XLT FX4. Mine is a 2.7 EcoBoost. I wish it had the 5.0 on the hwy, but the EcoBoost in town.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Lyn has the 2.7 in her truck, and it is surprisingly quick. If they had that instead of the 5.0, I woulda gone with it. Most of my driving will be work and back, so nothing fast for long periods of time, hell, most of I will be going 5 MPH on 114!

Friend of mine has a GMC 4x4 and a ranch in NW Texas. Said we can go 4 wheeling on it, then shoot some clay pigeons and stuff soon. I havn't been off roading in like 28 years!
      Has 10 inches of snow right now, maybe more by the time we go, or mud if it melts.

Comment

Looks pimp, I'd go get the Lariat, gotta have cowskin seating surfaces...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Nice ride!

Comment

Those 2.7’s are really quick. A coworker recently brought a RCSB 2.7 truck, and it went 8.9 at Northstar, completely stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              I bet u like it. I kept my Stang but got a 2017 XLT FX4. Mine is a 2.7 EcoBoost. I wish it had the 5.0 on the hwy, but the EcoBoost in town.
              You need to ride in my SHO, now that it's tuned. Let's grab lunch!
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                Lyn has the 2.7 in her truck, and it is surprisingly quick. If they had that instead of the 5.0, I woulda gone with it. Most of my driving will be work and back, so nothing fast for long periods of time, hell, most of I will be going 5 MPH on 114!

Friend of mine has a GMC 4x4 and a ranch in NW Texas. Said we can go 4 wheeling on it, then shoot some clay pigeons and stuff soon. I havn't been off roading in like 28 years!
                Has 10 inches of snow right now, maybe more by the time we go, or mud if it melts.
                I have very little traffic like that, thankfully. I still haven't taken mine in the mud. I'm hoping to find some land to buy or possibly a lease and fix that.

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                You need to ride in my SHO, now that it's tuned. Let's grab lunch!
                I'll ping u tomorrow. I'm onsite M and W only.
                86 SVO - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

get the 5.0 fuck that eco boost shit

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    get the 5.0 fuck that eco boost shit
                    Capn too fucking late!
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Love my '16 5.0 F-150.

Comment

How much is a good deal? My dad has been looking for a truck. I was telling him the end of the year may be the best time to buy.

Comment

My buddy did the same thing, traded a 16 5.0 Mustang for a 17 5.0 F150. It's still pretty fast and he loves his living room on wheels. Not sure I could ever go completely stangless, but I can see that truck as a helluva daily.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            Those 2.7’s are really quick. A coworker recently brought a RCSB 2.7 truck, and it went 8.9 at Northstar, completely stock.
                            The 2.7 is no slouch! It sure surprised the hell out of me when I picked mine up. Mine is a Super Crew, so no 8.9's for me though!

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            My buddy did the same thing, traded a 16 5.0 Mustang for a 17 5.0 F150. It's still pretty fast and he loves his living room on wheels. Not sure I could ever go completely stangless, but I can see that truck as a helluva daily.
                            We used to take the wife's Explorer everywhere. Now that I've got the truck, it is our main mode of family transport due to the room! The kiddo now has PLENTY of leg room.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I got rid of my 14 f250 Lariat....got into a basic 2017 2.7 Crew Cab F150. I thought I would miss my powerstroke but I do not. Love this little 2.7 plus has everything I need, big screen, 20's and it's fast as hell. Just no leather...
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X