Personal best on bench last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    Does that calorie intake include lifting?
    BMR does not account for any activity IIRC. It's the energy you'd require to lay in bed all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
      BMR does not account for any activity IIRC. It's the energy you'd require to lay in bed all day.
      Right, and in my experience weight training doesn't burn near the calories that guys want to think it does. I find it best to start low, and work up from there. At one point I was eating about 1500 calories a day at a lean 200lbs, and maintained this for about 2-3 months, and trained as usual. I was by no means famished by the end of the 2 months, and though I had lost a little strength, it was measured in reps, and not pounds.

Currently I am eating about 2000 calories a day, lifting heavy, and doing 20 minutes of cardio per day, and I rarely get hungry. Start low, and adjust according to your goals and progress at a given intake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Right, and in my experience weight training doesn't burn near the calories that guys want to think it does. I find it best to start low, and work up from there. At one point I was eating about 1500 calories a day at a lean 200lbs, and maintained this for about 2-3 months, and trained as usual. I was by no means famished by the end of the 2 months, and though I had lost a little strength, it was measured in reps, and not pounds.

Currently I am eating about 2000 calories a day, lifting heavy, and doing 20 minutes of cardio per day, and I rarely get hungry. Start low, and adjust according to your goals and progress at a given intake.
        On the other hand, I can eat 6000+ calories a day and burn 1000+ calories with weight training alone.
        Intensity and very little rest time can really help that number go way up(keeping the heart rate elevated for the duration).
        No point in starving yourself if you don't have to, but also no need to over eat.
        Just need to figure out your metabolism and what it requires, as everyone's different.
        Trial and error

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
          No point in starving yourself if you don't have to, but also no need to over eat.
          Just need to figure out your metabolism and what it requires, as everyone's different.
          Trial and error
          This. Though people like to err on the high-side so that they can eat more, and then wonder why they are "starving themselves" but aren't losing weight.

The key is to be realistic about it all, and a beginner shouldn't look at your 1k calorie workout, and formulate their diet around that, assuming that they will actually burn even half of that. They will end up gaining weight without a clue why, thinking that their diet math is completely sound.

l'll say again, it's best for a beginner formulate a low baseline, and adjust up from there. We all like to get to eat a little more than having to eat a little less.

Comment

Working...
          X