No announcement yet.

Degree from Tech of lesser value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread just gave me the ADD, Thanks.

Comment

Back to the original point of the post, if you can get into UT or A&M, then do it. The alumni network is strong. Also, I think they are "better" schools than Tech.

That said, once you get your foot in the door and get your first job and prove yourself (or not), that will be the determinant of future success. Your work ethic, how you present yourself, communicate, and grow is much more important than where you went to school. Also, the degree is more important than the school. A history or psychology undergraduate degree from Rice is worthless compared to an engineering, accounting, etc. type degree from Tech.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
        Back to the original point of the post, if you can get into UT or A&M, then do it. The alumni network is strong. Also, I think they are "better" schools than Tech.

That said, once you get your foot in the door and get your first job and prove yourself (or not), that will be the determinant of future success. Your work ethic, how you present yourself, communicate, and grow is much more important than where you went to school. Also, the degree is more important than the school. A history or psychology undergraduate degree from Rice is worthless compared to an engineering, accounting, etc. type degree from Tech.
        All true.

Comment

Working...
        X