Attic Ladder replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attic Ladder replacement.

Hi fellas. Sometimes things just go without your notice. For instance, I have lived in this house for almost two years but never noticed that the attic ladder for the garage was just waiting to kill me. Well I finally noticed it this week. The ladder made a cracking sound the moment I stepped on it, so I wisely got off to survey the issue and found this..

As you can see, this actually broke quite a while ago and someone repaired it with a metal strap and some screws. I should probably put this on Cheezburger's There I Fixed It site. It looks like it did the job until my fat arse finally forced the wood to split..

Anyways, I'm shopping for a new attic ladder. I'm considering this Aluminium one from Louisville Ladder. Any other suggestions.

Louisville Ladder at Home Depot for $179

I looked at the installation video and it looks rather straight forward. I'll just get a couple of buddies to help me install it..

I installed the aluminum one and it is great

Comment

How much of a PITA to swap the busted board?

Comment

Replacing the ladder would be easier.

Comment

This is something I need as well for my garage attic doesn't have a ladder. I like the aluminum ones as well.

Comment

I swapped mine last year for the same one you posted. It's fairly easy to do. I think i had 2 guys from my shop help me.

Comment

I'm due. Looks like that aluminum one is the way to go.

Comment

Yea, I'm going to go buy it tomorrow and start the prep work. Would have done it today but my wife's sister is visiting from Japan so I made this a Daddy/Son day to horse around while those two went shopping....

Heading to HD after church tomorrow..

Comment

Good call. I've installed one as well and isn't too bad. You will need a second set of hands at the least.

Comment

I installed the aluminum one years ago. Recently they sent a class action lawsuit letter because they were failing. I filled out the paperwork for more info and 2 wks ago they leaf a new wooden one in the box at my front door (without telling me anything). What aluminum ones are out there? My ladder was Werner.
                    Last edited by R3_82GT; 04-20-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R3_82GT View Post
                      I installed the aluminum one years ago. Recently they sent a class action lawsuit letter because they were failing. I filled out the paperwork for more info and 2 wks ago they leaf a new wooden one in the box at my front door (without telling me anything). What aluminum ones are out there?

LOL.

I need to replace mine as well. It's pretty rickety. OP, I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned in your home inspection paperwork when you bought the place. That should have been very easy to spot.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        LOL.

I need to replace mine as well. It's pretty rickety. OP, I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned in your home inspection paperwork when you bought the place. That should have been very easy to spot.
                        Our ladder was missing screws and our inspector missed it too. I have since beefed it up but a replacement would be best.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                        X