No announcement yet.

New personal best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I had a Street Glide (as I plan to get next), the cold weather would be much more bearable since the stock handle bars don't extend past the front fairing meaning warmer hands, and that front fairing gives you some good wind protection.
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
      yeah, I can't do anything lower than the high 40's. Compliments of Raynaud's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon

Sucks. Have yet to find a set of gloves that could help me. Heated one's might, but not wanting to spend that money just to ride on cold days.
      Are you medicated for it? Procardia changed my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
        Are you medicated for it? Procardia changed my life.

you take that for the same thing or what? Never had that mentioned by other people that have it.

I hope everyone that rides in this cold is checking their tires pressures. I just aired up the tires in my car yesterday and then today by about 1pm they were down to 27psi on all 4.
        HD Parts
        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
          you take that for the same thing or what? Never had that mentioned by other people that have it.
          I've been on it for about 9 years now for Raynaud's. It makes a huge difference for me.

Comment

I rode in the teens on my electra glide. The fairing makes a huge difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

<-- 13* and sleeting for 32 miles. My visor froze over almost immediately, so I had to open it. I had wind/cold burns on my face for several days. My eyes hurt something fierce.

Comment

Which HOV are you bringing into work up in Northern Virginia, I-66 or I-95? The I-95 seems to shave time off but the I-66 seems to slow up due to people jumping in and out. 21 Degrees today and I still saw bikes onm I-395 HOV.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
                  Which HOV are you bringing into work up in Northern Virginia, I-66 or I-95? The I-95 seems to shave time off but the I-66 seems to slow up due to people jumping in and out. 21 Degrees today and I still saw bikes onm I-395 HOV.
                  I-66. FUCK ever riding on 95. I had to take it on the day of the earthquake and saw three wrecks happen in a 10 mile span. Only bikes I ever see when it's below freezing are Fairfax motor units.
                  I take 66 from Haymarket to 7100. From there it slows in Manassas with other merging HOV and then around 29/28 when people are trying to merge out. Average speed is around 45 to 50mph when traffic is thick.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    <-- 13* and sleeting for 32 miles. My visor froze over almost immediately, so I had to open it. I had wind/cold burns on my face for several days. My eyes hurt something fierce.
                    Why the crap is anybody riding in this weather?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      I-66. FUCK ever riding on 95. I had to take it on the day of the earthquake and saw three wrecks happen in a 10 mile span. Only bikes I ever see when it's below freezing are Fairfax motor units.
                      I take 66 from Haymarket to 7100. From there it slows in Manassas with other merging HOV and then around 29/28 when people are trying to merge out. Average speed is around 45 to 50mph when traffic is thick.
                      What is your total commute time in on the bike and are you coming the wole way into DC? I have coworkers who VRE from Gainesville and it takes like 2 hours. Haymarket is a nice area and you are at the end of this traffic nightmare.

Most bikes I see on I-395(HOV) are headed into the Pentagon since they have a large motorcycle parking lot and I believe it is first come first serve. I'm over at L'Enfant and it's impossible to find affordable and safe parking.

Comment

I ride into Newington, going from 66 onto 7100, and bypass that entire DC bullshit mess. Commuted into DC for seven years and from what I saw there, I'd never dare ride a bike within the beltway. Commute distance is 43 miles. It takes almost exactly an hour on the bike both mornings and afternoons. On 66 by 6am going to work and 3:30pm going home. If I were to drive it'd take right around an hour and a half both ways.
                        And no, that "traffic nightmare" is now extending into Gainsville. During this time of year merging on 29 onto 66 going Eastbound in the mornings you have about 1/4 mile of free driving until you are in stop/go because of merging traffic from 234 by-pass, 234 business and crazy merging going on between 29/28 until I get off at 7100. Before 66 was widened after 234 business it was grid locked past 234 bypass gong westbound in the afternoons.

Comment

ill ride into the low 30s... i stay pretty warm, but my hands are my only problem. hard to hold on to the grips and work the clutch when you cant feel your fingers! haha

Comment

More like new personal worst.

Comment

New personal best. Just forgot to post it. Decided to do the hour long commute to work a few months ago when it was 10*F. Wasn't too bad. Wore the same gear as listed including the heated gloves. Only thing that was painfully cold were the tops of the legs and the toes were a bit nippily too. Key became frozen in the ignition. Had to wait a few hours before it would let go. Fortunately my office complex is away from main roads and can see the parking lot out of my window.

Comment

neat

Comment

Working...
                                X