Wheel bearing/hub 2014 f150? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    how can i be sure its the wheel bearings?? i'd rather not drop $500 and it not solve my issue

god bless.
    Do it the manly way, not jacking it up.
    Lay on the hood hanging down near the wheel while someone else drives and listen for the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Get the cheapest you can find, then trade that ho in
      Solid advice.

Comment

soooooooooooooooo... i replaced the front hub/bearings!!!! and guess what... i still have the noise. i am now assuming it may be the carrier bearing. i sure hate to take it to a shop, but i dont wanna keep throwing money at it with no return either. how can i check if its the carrier bearing?? gracias gents!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Paul, check your strut mounts.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            Moog is good quality. I have never heard of the other company.
            Detroit Axle's been making gearboxes / axles for a long time. Good reviews on some of the truck forums.

Moog quality has gone to shit over the last few years. Use OEM supplier when possible.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            soooooooooooooooo... i replaced the front hub/bearings!!!! and guess what... i still have the noise. i am now assuming it may be the carrier bearing. i sure hate to take it to a shop, but i dont wanna keep throwing money at it with no return either. how can i check if its the carrier bearing?? gracias gents!

god bless.
            Diagnose the problem before spending money on parts & replacing them. It takes a little longer but costs a lot less.

Comment

I think that's kinda what he's trying to do.

Comment

Working...
              X