Corvette C8 Official Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    I'm 5'10 and 190 and I would still hate it. Its low, small and uncomfortable. Not only does the low seat position track for comfort and visibility...you have to worry about bumps and inclined driveways. Even with the cool nose lift feature...there are a few areas that I would have trouble pulling into because the drive is so steep.
    I bet you're a hoot at parties, you old, crotchety fuck!

Comment

The more I see it, the more I like it. It is definitely growing on me faster than other cars i have been skeptical of in the past. I will wait to see one in person for final judgement. There are certainly details of it I don't like, but things I do so far outweigh them. Price point is also surprising, but i have a feeling they did this to reel in the Camaro buyers who will soon be minus a model. This thing seems to target many different manufacturers and models I have a feeling as more trims are released. It's fluid or modular, I guess is what I am trying to say it seems to me. Very smart design/marketing.

Comment

I'm 5'10 and 190 and I would still hate it. Its low, small and uncomfortable. Not only does the low seat position track for comfort and visibility...you have to worry about bumps and inclined driveways. Even with the cool nose lift feature...there are a few areas that I would have trouble pulling into because the drive is so steep.
        You and I are the same size. Only vette I've ever been uncomfortable in was a C3 and I've ridden in every generation vette except for a C6 and now C8. Sure the C4 was a pain to get in and out of, but once you were there, it was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          You and I are the same size. Only vette I've ever been uncomfortable in was a C3 and I've ridden in every generation vette except for a C6 and now C8. Sure the C4 was a pain to get in and out of, but once you were there, it was ok.
          I've only driven a C4 and it was like i stepped in and sat back down on the ground. And I don't see how anyone kept the e-brake on and was able to climb over that. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            I bet you're a hoot at parties, you old, crotchety fuck!
            I dont party 7 days a week and I certainly know you dont grandpa...

This would be a great weekend car...not a daily

Comment

Ok until someone runs you off the road or merges into you.

Comment

This would be a great weekend car...not a daily
                For unfun, old crotchety fucks, I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  I've only driven a C4 and it was like i stepped in and sat back down on the ground. And I don't see how anyone kept the e-brake on and was able to climb over that. lol
                  Yep, fall in and roll out. On the C4 vette, the e-brake folds back down, even when it's set. To release it, you have to hold the button down, pull up, then let it back down. Thought mine was broken, but it's designed like that so you can get out.

In fact, the first episode of the Roadkill vette cart, Frieburger set the brake, then couldn't figure out how to release it.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    For unfun, old crotchety fucks, I couldn't agree more!
                    Lol im half your age...

Comment

i do not doubt it will take time, but they will figure out a way around it.

if they do not, are motec and syvecs publicly traded? might be an investment opportunity coming up. especially with bases starting at sixty. budget ballers are looking to go fast.

sometimes it is hard to remember this is/was a car site with some of these posts. what the fuck made some of you even sign up for this site? no way some of these people were ever even into cars.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                        i do not doubt it will take time, but they will figure out a way around it.

if they do not, are motec and syvecs publicly traded? might be an investment opportunity coming up. especially with bases starting at sixty. budget ballers are looking to go fast.

sometimes it is hard to remember this is/was a car site with some of these posts. what the fuck made some of you even sign up for this site? no way some of these people were ever even into cars.
                        Whatre you crying about?

Comment

Lol im half your age...
                          Which makes your boring old curmudgeony responses even worse!

Comment

I am 6'1 200 and I wasn't cramped at all in my 16 z06. The passenger seat is another story though.

Comment

Pulling both shifter paddles back at the same time will put it in neutral, allowing the driver to rev. I'm wondering if the paddles can be released while revving, without any interference from the on board computer.

Comment

ha! neutral drops making a come back!

Comment

Working...
                                X