Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love getting screwed over by friends! (what would dfwmustangs do)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The negative part of making quick side money.
    WRX

Comment

I'll give you $600 for it and some gum.

Shoot me a pm with all that comes with it. I might have someone that would be intrested in it.

Comment

Ya know, it was a selfish thing he did and I expect that out of people these days - to include friends when it comes to saving cash..etc.

I'd continue selling it, let it roll off my back and not forget it. Just put him lower on the trust list. MAINLY because he did not talk to you about it or explain it, just sort of dropped it on you.

It does not good to hold onto things like this, especially when you'll make out okay anyway.

NOW, if he somehow screwed you out of money that you could not recuperate - you can't just "let that go."
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          you are right steve, it is trival, and if it were just some joe it'd be one thing, but like i said, this guy used to be my best buddy, now he's become some crook. hard to swallow.

my great grandmother (whom i was real close to), always said, "james, there will always be two ways to handle a situation like this, and you'll be right either way, but you'll only be right and proud one way"
          Unfortunately, sometimes some of the most toxic people in your life are close friends and family. I hope it works out for ya.

Comment

I'd invite him over for the tune, pull the WB off and walk in and close the garage door. Fuck em.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I've been screwed worse by family. Obviously this person doesn't value your friendship enough to keep.his word. Atleast now you know the kind of person he is
              .....bro....

Comment

It's a weird spot to be in... I've had something similar happen to me involving car parts. He called me to let me know (an hour before he was supposed to show with $750) that he got 'a better deal' on the package he was getting from me. What I was selling was so specific I about blew the fuck up on him... NO WAY IN HELL he pieced together what I was offering unless he was playing someone else for lowest price. I got my answer when he said he'd "still pick it up if I matched the other guy's price @$550" I'd already told 2 other buyers no @$700 earlier that day/night before. I curtly explained that, if he was willing to do this to a friend of 5-6 years, that he was a fuck stick who would rape his own mother for $20, and I should have listened to my instincts. He said something about me being ridiculous, I told him I paid $150 out of my pocket for him to get specific odds and ends together JUST for him to make it a plug and play type deal. He said, "oh. That's sucks dude. If $550 is cool I'll still buy yours." Fucking cocksucker.

It still boils my blood!
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Shitty situation. I pretty much won't do dick for people any more unless I have cash in hand, regardless of how long I've known them, with a VERY small handful of exceptions. Sucks you have to be careful like that with people. Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Sucks dude. Still dealing with a situation right now with a stang I sold almost 2 years ago to a buddy.

It was a white 01 gt I sold to him for 4k. He paid me 2k from his tax return and promised payments until it was paid off. I kept the title.

2 years later, he still owes like $1700. He's fallen on hard times, and honestly, I couldn't bring myself to take his only mode of transpo to work away from him.

He should be paying me $500 within a couple days and another payment of $500 next month. Once that's done I'll just give the car to him. Too much hassle with NTTA not recognizing the tolltag on the car and redlight cameras to bother with it anymore.

Too much trouble to loan to friends or family. I'll never do it again.

Comment

I agree with finishing the tune but I damn sure would not go TOO far out of my way.

Your complete trans set up will sell in no time.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

A true friend wouldn't have put you in that situation. It's a standard practice of mine that any time I do business with a friend I always make sure they come out on the sweeter end of the deal. Isn't that what friendship is about.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                          you are right steve, it is trival, and if it were just some joe it'd be one thing, but like i said, this guy used to be my best buddy, now he's become some crook. hard to swallow.

my great grandmother (whom i was real close to), always said, "james, there will always be two ways to handle a situation like this, and you'll be right either way, but you'll only be right and proud one way"
                          I wouldn't say that this situation makes him a crook, but certainly unreliable at best. Taking the trans and not paying you would make him a crook. Plenty of people talk big, but when it comes down to pulling their wallet out, talk is cheap.

I'd do the tune, charge him fairly, sell the trans elsewhere, and keep him at arms length from now on. The situation sucks, but it doesn't necessarily make him a bad person over-all, just an in-decisive welcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            I wouldn't say that this situation makes him a crook, but certainly unreliable at best. Taking the trans and not paying you would make him a crook. Plenty of people talk big, but when it comes down to pulling their wallet out, talk is cheap.

I'd do the tune, charge him fairly, sell the trans elsewhere, and keep him at arms length from now on. The situation sucks, but it doesn't necessarily make him a bad person over-all, just an in-decisive welcher.
                            You are right, crook might be harsh. I was just floored by the situation. Partly because he said in no uncertain words that he wanted it and to get it fixed, and also because when he wrote back that he didn't want/need it anymore he did so thinking I'd just be joyful about it.

I'll finish the tune as that is what I agreed to, no reason to stoop down.

Comment

Based on his responses, it sounds like he didn't really think it was really a firm agreement. And once he did, he offered to pay for it and sell it himself. Seems pretty stand up to me. Confusion happens. Miscommunication happens. If you didn't at least shake on it and make sure both parties knew exactly what was going to take place, you shouldn't be surprised, and you shouldn't blame anyone. The lesson learned is not that you can't trust this guy, but that you should be as clear as possible about what everyone's commitments and expectations are, especially when it involves money.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

As I've gotten older (mellowed?), I have more of this philosophy. It has NEVER hurt to be nice and it usually comes back around later. It would definitely influence any further dealings I have with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X