Going Tahoe shopping this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Are you driving to Austin or equal lengths daily?

I'm trying to wrap my head around where that would be a serious purchase decision deterrent.

Proceeds to ignore all recommendations.
    Proceeds to ignore the part about it being for his wife

My wife has had a 2014 Suburban since new and it has a crack in the dash like they all do but besides that we have had no issues. It holds a lot of shit, is reliable, has a lot of gadgets and has plenty of power, not sure what else you need in a mom-mobile.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Proceeds to ignore the part about it being for his wife
      I didn't ignore a god damn thing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        I didn't ignore a god damn thing.
        Proceeds to be a dog dick
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

24/7
          sigpic

Comment

We have an 11 Yukon XL. The dash looks stretch marks on a pregnant bitch. It's slow, handles like shit, is heavy and cumbersome. Otherwise, it has been very reliable. Sitting on 150k. Like to get another 50k out of it before we dump it.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
              My old boss had a tundra and that thing couldn’t make it to Austin without stopping for fuel. It had maybe a 20 gallon tank. Is the sequoia the same?
              Wut?

I drove my 2007 Tundra home from Houston and used about 3/4 tank. I don't know what the fuel capacity on the Sequoias are, but up to 2013 Tundras had 26.4 Gal tanks, and then they went looney on 2014+ with 38 gal tanks.

Comment

when i got my f150 it came with a 36 gal tank, didn't think much of it at the time but i love it now. don't know why someone would opt for a smaller one given the option.

Comment

my old f100 has a silly small tank, like 15 gallons. It gets single digit mpg's, and it gets old buying gas all the time.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    Wut?

I drove my 2007 Tundra home from Houston and used about 3/4 tank. I don't know what the fuel capacity on the Sequoias are, but up to 2013 Tundras had 26.4 Gal tanks, and then they went looney on 2014+ with 38 gal tanks.
                    His might’ve been a ‘12. I’m certain the tank was 20 or less. One way to Austin fill up might have been an exaggeration but compared to my 2013 f150 work truck at the time with a 35 gallon tank, he was always stopping. Plus the f150 was getting 17 or 18 mpg on the highway and he was getting 12 or 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      my old f100 has a silly small tank, like 15 gallons. It gets single digit mpg's, and it gets old buying gas all the time.
                      My 92 F150 has the stupid dual tanks, both of which are small. Front tank basically takes 13 gallons. Couple that with 14mpg and I have to fill up all the damned time.

Comment

The Cadillac Dealer here in Tulsa must have at least 10 used Escalades/Tahoe's on the Lot.

Visit Don Thornton Cadillac for a variety of new and pre-owned cars by CADILLAC, serving Tulsa, Oklahoma. We serve Oklahoma and are ready to assist you!
                        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

6.2's are good but their transmissions are trash (on the denali/escalades) not sure if its the same one on Tahoe's.
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                            6.2's are good but their transmissions are trash (on the denali/escalades) not sure if its the same one on Tahoe's.
                            Yes and no. The 8 speed is trash. If you got an early 6.2 with a 6 speed its good or a newer one with the 10 speed its good too. Just avoid the 8 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                              Yes and no. The 8 speed is trash. If you got an early 6.2 with a 6 speed its good or a newer one with the 10 speed its good too. Just avoid the 8 speed.
                              Correct.

Have had two 6.2s with the 6 speeds and they were excellent. The trans in my 15 6.2 8 speed is annoying. Ill pick up a 10 spd or go back to a duramax next year.

Comment

What dealers offer superchargers. Would love to get a tahoe in 2021 ( leasing grand Cherokee till then ) with a s/c and not be charged additional $40,000 to ship it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X