No announcement yet.

Corvette C8 Official Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would be a contender to replace the mustang for a better commuter (auto a must), if I didn't still need a back seat. I'll still go look at them though, and see if it changes my mind enough to make a 2-seater work.

Comment

After working on my old Corvette for the past few weeks (with more yet to go) I'm about ready for something newer and cooler with A/C that actually works.

A new C8 has been on my radar since I sold my Ford GT several years ago... I had no idea the gestation process would take so long as they've been teasing us with it for the past 6 years now.

mardyn

Comment

This appears to be a hell of a bang for the buck. Hopefully it helps bring down c7z06 prices.

After buying a 04 mystic I've now got more manual vehicles than autos. It's a drivers car. You can't get a manual in a diesel anymore, which shows the way things are going. That's mainly due to the fact they make insane hp/tq in stock form. I've got a 04 2500 with what most consider the toughest manual 6sp ever installed in diesels. It is still pretty fragile with just a little extra hp if you abuse it. Similarly, the the coyote mustang has a pretty week transmission also with added power, but the auto will allow you to double stock up and still hold up. With current transmission technology I think auto is the way to go.

Comment

Have they tested it against the Ford Gt yet?

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
            Have they tested it against the Ford Gt yet?
            Ehhh. .I'm going to say theres not a chance it wins (at least not until the Z models come out). Theres still quite a difference in the vehicles and about a 10X price point

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              I mean, this isnt even a slushbox, its a DCT, with paddles.
              So its not an automatic transmission, OK gotcha chief...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                This appears to be a hell of a bang for the buck. Hopefully it helps bring down c7z06 prices.
                It already has. Check online for a few dealer specials i saw posted on Facebook.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                So its not an automatic transmission, OK gotcha chief...
                Well, it doesnt have a torque converter, and has clutches, so yeah, its not really a slushbox of old, sucking up 20-22% of power.

Comment

if you have not ridden in these new eight and ten speeds, they are not really fucking around.

the dct should be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                    if you have not ridden in these new eight and ten speeds, they are not really fucking around.

the dct should be nice.
                    My aunt has a C7 with the A8, I still prefer my SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      GM is actively doing anything that they can to make them untunable. They are now able to read the ECM and update it wirelessly.

Good luck!
                      No doubt. It took them a while to get the new ZR1 to where it could be tuned. I'm sure they will figure out the new one.
                      On Today's Episode of the RPM Web Series we dyno tune a 5th Gen ZL1 and a Whipple Supercharged SS. We also tune a C6 Z06 with our full heads cam package and...

Skip to the 16 minute mark to see the cost to tune one a new ZR1.
                      Last edited by s1lv3r; 07-20-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

All those c7s up for sale now. Wait for it

Comment

How hard are these going to be to work on engine wise?

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                            How hard are these going to be to work on engine wise?
                            I wouldn’t worry about it that much, the PCMs are rumored to be like Fort Knox and GM can re-calibrate it on the fly remotely (delete a custom tune, etc).
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                              All those c7s up for sale now. Wait for it

Dang, I didn't even think about that. Last I checked, even new C7s were going for as much as $15K off sticker.

Reminds me about something. I came so damn close to winning a C7 this year. I was in the top 500 of our reps for 2018 so I was in a drawing for a C7. Basically they were giving the winner $80K to buy the car and then the company was going to pay all the taxes on top of that. That was Z06 money..

Obviously I didn't win. The dude that won was in literal tears of joy. He'd never won anything in his life. The sight almost made it worth not winning.....

but not really. haha

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                I wouldn’t worry about it that much, the PCMs are rumored to be like Fort Knox and GM can re-calibrate it on the fly remotely (delete a custom tune, etc).
                                First thing that will be modded, I bet.
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X