No announcement yet.

another plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just hearing about that situation where the guy was trying to stab everyone, including Dallas fire, and it still took over 15 minutes for DPD to arrive..

Holy shit, I hope all of you on here in DPD territory are carrying. Hell, may even be a good time to start open carrying on that side of town. The crooks know the cops are so understaffed, just like the rest of us.

Comment

15 minutes is what it took for the police to arrive last year when I caught 2 porch pirates. now try to imagine that. 15 minutes of holding 2 scum at gun point in the middle of the night one of which was drunk (we later found out) and was not co-operating with me as far as not moving and keeping his hands out of his pockets and continuously trying to get in his car and flee. The other gave the police a false name. We found out he had previous home burglary charges. They were both taken into custody but not for stealing from me. What a time we live in...

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I always do some kind of a quick peek from somewhere they can't see. If I'd seen a guy with another guy's face on his adams apple, it would have just been nope.
        .... and most likely you would be greeted with some other dindus kicking in your door. Silly white people.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
          First thing I did was call it in but was hoping to call back with a definitive plate number since I originally told them four possible plate numbers.

This excerpt from My cousins trailer stolen in Dallas thread yesterday is what prompted me to make this post:
          "Pretty much handed the Dallas detective the case on a silver platter, and they never did anything."

The police are aware it's happening and that's about as far as it goes. DPD is severely understaffed and it shows but more importantly the perps know. Every still shot/video shared within the community shows a different getaway car, it's hard to keep up with. The latest trend is perps wearing safety vests.
          This seems to be typical of most PD's when it comes to theft. The new building that my wife's vet clinic is building got hit 2 or 3 nights in a row while it was getting framed. They took quite a bit of copper. We handed the police video of both vehicles registered to the perp driving onto the lot on separate nights, video of them going into the building, video of them climbing the stairs, video of them loading the material into their vehicles, address, complete plate number, etc. and they seem to have done exactly jack shit about it. Also, the suspect apparently has a pretty recent history of material theft from residential job sites in the area, is on their radar, they recognized his name right away. Still, they have done jack shit about it.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            .... and most likely you would be greeted with some other dindus kicking in your door. Silly white people.
            At least at that point, he has just cause to shoot him in the dead president

Comment

There's a saying going around now, "You are your first responder". And reading stories like this make it true. And it's not just Dallas. If you live in a rural area you are likely to have the same problem. DPD (and DFD) have had issues for a few years now with pay, hiring, etc. so it's no surprise.

I live in a bad neighborhood and I've been lucky (knock on wood) that I haven't needed to call 911 for help for anything. I'm also lucky that that the doors to my house are not easily accessible from the street (couple hundred feet away and behind a wrought iron fence). So if I see someone at my door or in my yard they are up to no good. And I always carry a gun on me at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                And it's not just Dallas. If you live in a rural area you are likely to have the same problem.
                Sucks to be y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  Sucks to be y'all!
                  But I've got over a dozen awesome Mexican restaurants within 15 minutes of my house

Comment

damn that sucks man. as mentioned earlier, keep your eyes open.

It's definitely not just DPD or large cities. I recall seeing something on FB where Anna (or maybe it was Sherman) has been having issues too.

Comment

But I've got over a dozen awesome Mexican restaurants within 15 minutes of my house
                      Shit...

I hope you don't get your truck stolen while you're eating your goddamned elote!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          Shit...

I hope you don't get your truck stolen while you're eating your goddamned elote!
                          That's why I carry a gun and have insurance (for upgrades ).

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            At least at that point, he has just cause to shoot him in the dead president
                            So, if you were home, saw dindu at your door knowing him being there is a feeler to see if anyone's home, would wait for him to break in so you could shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              So, if you were home, saw dindu at your door knowing him being there is a feeler to see if anyone's home, would wait for him to break in so you could shoot?
                              Was thinking more along the lines of being home when they come crashing through the door. Not knowingly waiting on them, of course

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The OC is safer than Lake highlands you big sissy. And we miss the Mexican food.....

Comment

Working...
                                X