Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
    I bet it was your receiver not passing the 3d video signal
    Very well could be. I know for a fact that the cable between the receiver and TV is the 1.3 and will not pass 3D... my receiver is an Onkyo TX SR674- it's a fine receiver but not 3D ready (unless I dig out the manual and find out otherwise)- but I can get around it using the mulitple HDMI I/O I have all over all of the components. I'll just pass the video straight to the TV with the 1.4 HDMI and use a secondary HDMI or optical to process the audio through the Onkyo.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
      Very well could be. I know for a fact that the cable between the receiver and TV is the 1.3 and will not pass 3D... my receiver is an Onkyo TX SR674- it's a fine receiver but not 3D ready (unless I dig out the manual and find out otherwise)- but I can get around it using the mulitple HDMI I/O I have all over all of the components. I'll just pass the video straight to the TV with the 1.4 HDMI and use a secondary HDMI or optical to process the audio through the Onkyo.
      He's right. That's why it didn't work for you.

That is an older model. It is not a 3D ready receiver, nor does it even have on board decoding for lossless audio codecs like TrueHD or DTS-MA.

You can get 3D ready HD audio receivers fairly cheap these days, if you shop around. Newegg or Amazon is a good place to start. No tax + free shipping.

You'll eventually want to take full advantage of your gear by being able to decode the lossless HD audio codec as well as passing 3D video. All receivers with the new 1.4 spec HDMI inputs will have audio return channel and passthrough capability.

I have an Onkyo NR709. And I really like only having to use one Cat 2 HDMI cable from Blu-ray player to the AVR, then another going AVR to TV.

Comment

93lxhorse see post 9 and 10.

Your hdmi cable is fine, your receiver just can't pass the 3d signal. Same issue I have too.

Just use hdmi to tv and optical to receiver when u want 3d.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Whoops... sorry for not reading all the replies, lol.

Originally posted by momo View Post
          93lxhorse see post 9 and 10.

Your hdmi cable is fine, your receiver just can't pass the 3d signal. Same issue I have too.

Just use hdmi to tv and optical to receiver when u want 3d.

Comment

Working...
          X