The Media Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Media Thread.

I posted a ? about re-foaming subs... Its not getting much traffic, so this is merely to point out that its there and I still need info... Thanks

Originally posted by donnie90stang View Post
    I posted a ? about re-foaming subs... Its not getting much traffic, so this is merely to point out that its there and I still need info... Thanks
    You might as well have posted another thread about it. lol
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

LOL... well now I know its gettin some attention. I dont wanna waste my money on something to repair them, if im gonna have to turn around and go buy new subs anyway.

Comment

It's not worth the money to repair them...get some nice old school memphis, they last for-ev-er
        SCREW CANADA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JBANKS View Post
          It's not worth the money to repair them...get some nice old school memphis, they last for-ev-er
          So you have done this before, or have dealt with this sort of repair in some way?

Comment

Yes, I used to work in Car Audio. Re-foaming is really a temporary fix to a permanent problem. IMO Memphis and Eclipse make the best and most underated Car Audio as far as Output. That is generally why they are so great in competitions.
            SCREW CANADA!!!

Comment

So even if the repair kit works perfectly.. I still basically will end up with two POS 12" JL W0's. Bare in mind that im not pushing them hard at all. Regular box, small amp (under 300amps), and not trying to shake the neighbors walls.

Comment

So even if the repair kit works perfectly.. I still basically will end up with two POS 12" JL W0's. Bare in mind that im not pushing them hard at all. Regular box, small amp (under 300amps), and not trying to shake the neighbors walls.
                Ok, I won't move it if you promise to delete it when you get an answer.
                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Why waste time repairing W0s? Just upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    why waste time repairing w0s? Just upgrade.
                    this

Comment

Never said they will be POS but they will go out again, promise, just upgrade and save your money, If you want a good shop hit me up in a PM. PLUS you need way bigger than a 300w amp to push that lol, you probably need a decent MONO BLOCK amp to really hear those hit their potential
                      SCREW CANADA!!!

Comment

Eclipse is out of business.
                        I would buy new subs. The W0 design is over 10 years old. There are better materials available now.
                        300W is fine and how do you know his 300W amp is not a mono block? "Mono block" does not have anything to do with hou much power the amp has.

Comment

Free Thule in Dallas can repair your subs if you don't have $150.

Comment

Freeman Thule.

Comment

Originally posted by JBANKS View Post
                              Never said they will be POS but they will go out again, promise, just upgrade and save your money, If you want a good shop hit me up in a PM. PLUS you need way bigger than a 300w amp to push that lol, you probably need a decent MONO BLOCK amp to really hear those hit their potential
                              Originally posted by EW View Post
                              Eclipse is out of business.
                              I would buy new subs. The W0 design is over 10 years old. There are better materials available now.
                              300W is fine and how do you know his 300W amp is not a mono block? "Mono block" does not have anything to do with hou much power the amp has.
                              Originally posted by EW View Post
                              Free Thule in Dallas can repair your subs if you don't have $150.
                              I realize they are the old version, and I know there are much better options out there for thumping the china off the neighbors walls.... However, they worked just fine for me inside a regular cab F150 listening to country music. The actual output of the amp when bridged is 283 amp according to the paperwork that came with it new. If the subs are shit after the repair then I'll just trash the whole setup and forget about upgrades. Its not the money, just that 10 years ago I purchased all of this just to enjoy for myself. I dont care for the people who drive around with it cranked up so loud the trim and license plates rattle like a hardware store in an earthquake. So if you guys think its truely not worth the effort to still be decent under the above circumstances... then I will just toss the whole setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X