• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spicy in / spicy out.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
      Spicy in / spicy out.
      Yep - eating the food is only the beginning of the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
        No asian markets near you? What city are you in?

I like eating thai food!
        He lives in bfe. Speaking of Thai, there is a great restaurant in Colleyville in the 5600 block of COlleyville Blvd (26) next to Market Street. Its called Quick Thai. Owned and operated by a very friendly older thai lady. Food was fresh and spicy and full of flavor! hmm, I might go tonight at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
          He lives in bfe. Speaking of Thai, there is a great restaurant in Colleyville in the 5600 block of COlleyville Blvd (26) next to Market Street. Its called Quick Thai. Owned and operated by a very friendly older thai lady. Food was fresh and spicy and full of flavor! hmm, I might go tonight at work.
          Thai Jasmine in Bedford off Harwood is pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
            Spicy in / spicy out.
            Hot/spicy food has never bothered me. I think my cast iron stomach breaks it down too well to burn the anus.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Hot/spicy food has never bothered me. I think my cast iron stomach breaks it down too well to burn the anus.
              Or you're just used to having it destroyed on a regular basis that anus pain is now foreign to you. lololololololololololololol
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                Thai food, and food from south-east Asia in general, who likes it?
                I have been on a pho and Thai curry kick for a while now, and I have started using fish sauce instead of salt in many other recipes. One of my main bitches is that I cannot get a few of the key fresh ingredients where I live which sucks.

Stevo
                what are you looking for?

I'm meh with Thai food, its good stuff but i usually have to make a 30 minute drive to find a good spot. I mean there is a Best Thai across the street from my work and i'll aways stay away from that crap. So expensive and bland.

I'll stick with Chinese/Cambodian/Vietnamese food.
                Last edited by unkoricky; 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM.
                Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                Your opinion is what sucks.
                You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post

I'm meh with Thai food, its good stuff but i usually have to make a 30 minute drive to find a good spot. I mean there is a Best Thai across the street from my work and i'll aways stay away from that crap. So expensive and bland.

No such thing as good Chinese, I know I've said it before.

Where is there a Cambodian joint?
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    No such thing as good Chinese, I know I've said it before.

Where is there a Cambodian joint?
                    My parents house.

If you want good chinese food, you'll just need to drive down to Richardson(Greenville/Beltline) and pick a spot on that strip, all of the good pho spots are in Richardson/Garland too... The only thing decent around the Carrollton/Plano area next to me is First Chinese BBQ and 369 BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post

I actually like making, or attempting to make, the food at home. I love cooking and I love to experiment and cook new foods with new methods and ingredients. My issue is that I live in a part of Texas that doesn't have a large Asian population so the supply of fresh ingredients is available nearby. We have a single 'Asian' market, but it is not much larger than my bathroom, and doesn't carry much at all.

As far buying at a restaurant, there are a couple nearby that actually have nice curry and a great 'hole in the wall' pho place. I try ti hit the pho place a couple times a month.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        I actually like making, or attempting to make, the food at home. I love cooking and I love to experiment and cook new foods with new methods and ingredients. My issue is that I live in a part of Texas that doesn't have a large Asian population so the supply of fresh ingredients is available nearby. We have a single 'Asian' market, but it is not much larger than my bathroom, and doesn't carry much at all.

As far buying at a restaurant, there are a couple nearby that actually have nice curry and a great 'hole in the wall' pho place. I try ti hit the pho place a couple times a month.

Stevo
                        Oh that sucks. Some of my parents friends live in Paris,Tx and have to make a drive to the asian market off 75/legacy and stock up like its 1999.

Comment

The majority of my diet is Vietnamese (my wife is Vietnamese), Thai & Sushi. I love it all. My favorite Thai spot in DFW is Jasmine. The parata & curry there rocks my socks off. http://www.jasminethai.us/

Comment

If anybody lives up this way, Silk Road in McKinney has very good Thai food. I am hooked on red duck curry lately. I love super spicy food and Thai places are among the few that actually give you something really hot when you ask for it. There is just something about the spice, the sweet creaminess of coconut milk, and all those great flavors they use like Thai basil, Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, fish sauce, etc.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                              Thai Jasmine in Bedford off Harwood is pretty good too.
                              5 stars on their spicy scale ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                                If anybody lives up this way, Silk Road in McKinney has very good Thai food. I am hooked on red duck curry lately. I love super spicy food and Thai places are among the few that actually give you something really hot when you ask for it. There is just something about the spice, the sweet creaminess of coconut milk, and all those great flavors they use like Thai basil, Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, fish sauce, etc.
                                Exactly. I have always hated foods that contain a bunch of spices and ingredients since it seems many times that it becomes overpowered, but with Thai (or south-east Asian) food all of the different flavors are present and complement each other. I think I may be addicted.

Stevo
                                Originally posted by SSMAN
                                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X