Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm on a knife kick. what are you using.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on a knife kick. what are you using.

Looking to upgrade some knives for the wife.

Always keep a machete in the car.
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

I've been a Henckels guy since we got a nice set as a wedding gift decades ago, but there are several really nice manufacturers out there.

Comment

Find out what they use at mi Dia from scratch.

God bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          Find out what they use at mi Dia from scratch.

God bless.
          MI Dia doesn't use knives, bro!

Brent's buddy Gabriel is such a bad ass that the food portions itself!

Comment

Recently bought this Calphalon Contemporary set, I like them quite a bit.

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Looking to upgrade some knives for the wife.
              That would be an outstanding trade.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

How much you wanting to spend?

Wusthoff
                J. A. Henckles
                Calphalon
                Schmidt Brothers
                Shun

I really like the look of the Damascus steel knives...
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Currently replacing my Henckels with Wusthof Ikon Classics. Be careful with Henckels. The "International" knives are not the same quality as the German made Henckels. You can tell them apart by the logo. German made feature the two man logo. International is a single man logo. I've had a set of each, and I won't ever buy another set of Henckels, German made or otherwise.

When looking at knives, buy what feels comfortable in your hand, but take the following in to account.
                  Forged blades.
                  German steel if it's within your budget.
                  Full tang is a must for me.
                  Balance is almost everything.

I also want a Bob Kramer Damascus Chef's knife before he dies. But at $800/inch, it's going to have to wait a while.
                  Last edited by bcoop; 07-29-2013, 12:43 PM.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've got a set of Calphalon and have no complaints. After buying these I get irritated when I'm at someones house helping prep food and they don't have a decent set of knives.

Comment

Set of Wusthof Classic knives here.... work great for me!
                      Last edited by Randy; 07-30-2013, 07:18 AM. Reason: throwing out the model

Comment

Looking to spend around 500.00 for a decent 3pc set.

Comment

$500 for a three piece? Damn

$500 can get you a decent 10-20 piece set from any of the names I mentioned above.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

dang...what does it do different that my Kitchen Aide set can't do?

Comment

lolz... my 17 piece $200 set cut shit just fine. I need a raise.

Comment

Working...
                              X