Stock market fuccery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    They shut down several stocks. The ride is over. Let's see how the Redditors handle this. I think it was Cuban that said good for the people doing this as it's exactly what happens in the back rooms of the uber rich hangouts.
    Hopefully?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      They shut down several stocks. The ride is over. Let's see how the Redditors handle this. I think it was Cuban that said good for the people doing this as it's exactly what happens in the back rooms of the uber rich hangouts.
      A lot of the redditors moved over to https://wsbets.win/

Comment

my Doge has done very well today.

Comment

Biden is sending the National Guard to all GameStop locations.

Comment

Damn, I need to start keeping an eye on this shit!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              Biden is sending the National Guard to all GameStop locations.
              They don't have rest rooms either, assholes. At least they have more than one power outlet though. He probably signed an executive order to put Hunter in charge of the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                You borrow high, sell immediately, hope the stock tanks and buy it back for pennies on the dollar and return the borrowed stock. As long as it goes down you win, if the company fails your broker loses. Most people buy stocks and hold on to them until they grow to a certain value, short sellers manipulate the market to insure it goes down and cash in on the difference.

A company like Melvin Capital can destroy a business by shorting the stock and in fact they tried to kill Tesla a few years ago. Part of the reason Elon jumped all over this.
                You could have typed that in Japanese, and it would have made the same amount of sense to me. It's all good, though. To make room in my head to understand stock market stuff, I'd have to dump a lot of cool memories and useless but fun knowledge, and I'm not ready to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  You could have typed that in Japanese, and it would have made the same amount of sense to me. It's all good, though. To make room in my head to understand stock market stuff, I'd have to dump a lot of cool memories and useless but fun knowledge, and I'm not ready to do that.
                  remember when I picked you up from getting your wisdom teeth pulled? 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    remember when I picked you up from getting your wisdom teeth pulled? 😂😂
                    Oh fo sho! Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Just bought some April $250 puts on gamestop.
                      Easy money.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        They aren't neccessairly trying to destroy a company. They are just trying to make money and that is the by product. Just because someone is out for themselves does not mean they are out to get you.
                        I think you underestimate the egos. They absolutely try to destroy some companies. See Valeant, who, absolutely deserved it btw.

I won’t say they were necessarily trying to destroy GME though. Being short retail when retail is dying, and GME’s business model is dying isn’t ridiculous, it’s smart.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

You know you fugged up when you've got both Democrats and Republicans calling for your head.

Comment

The beauty in all of this is the simple fact it's all dying business models being supported.

I'm going to miss going into a store to purchase something.

I edited, I'm going to throw some more money at my dinosaur amc. 10 years ago I saw almost everything I wanted in theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                              The beauty in all of this is the simple fact it's all dying business models being supported.

I edited, I'm going to throw some more money at my dinosaur amc. 10 years ago I saw almost everything I wanted in theaters.
                              They're too late. They couldn't help Blockbuster.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

The only time I'd rather shop in store vs online is for cloths, or an Item I'm certain I'm going to break and need to exchange it asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X