Frys Electronics closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frys Electronics closed

it was only a matter of time. Buying online will kill many more in time. Covid just sped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      it was only a matter of time. Buying online will kill many more in time. Covid just sped it up.
      I think we can actually blame Trump for this one. Most of the stuff they sold was made in China, once tariffs started on those imports they couldn't compete. For a while they were trying to do a consignment model but why would a manufacturer pay to deliver a product to a shelf when they can just let Amazon handle everything post production?

Comment

Fry's went downhill before Trump. Terrible customer service goes back many years. I can't believe they stayed open till now. Microcenter in Richardson has been my go to for several years.

Comment

bro, the one in garland is a fucking ghost town. it has been since 2012.

might go in there and snag some lp's if they start a fire sale.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
            bro, the one in garland is a fucking ghost town. it has been since 2012.

might go in there and snag some lp's if they start a fire sale.
            Out of sheer boredom I visited the Arlington and Irving stores and was astounded the doors were open..empty shelves, no employees other than the register at the front. Quite literally like an abandoned warehouse with light on.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Fry's went downhill before Trump. Terrible customer service goes back many years. I can't believe they stayed open till now. Microcenter in Richardson has been my go to for several years.
              This. Frys used to be the ultimate place to get tech items, then Newegg and microcenter came along. Here recently, they've had empty shelves and SHIT customer service. You would go into Frys and couldn't find anyone to help, you go into Microcenter and get help immediately.

Comment

I was just told about a store called Altex in Richardson and Fort Worth that appear to be a lot like Microcenter that I might have to check out...website shows to sell a lot of stuff that I haven't seen in stores since Radio Shack went under.

Comment

Circuit City was better

Comment

Maybe CompUSA will make a comeback
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

I was always bitter that they opened the shitty Arlington store without giving it the attention of other locations. Elsewhere they had cool themes and it had a high end feel. The Arlington store was always just a shitty warehouse.

Comment

I always thought these closed down years ago. I guess I haven't lived down south for a bit and Arlington for like 20 years is why. I was only at the Fry's on Saturday nights and it was to watch the races behind the building in like 1999. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          I was always bitter that they opened the shitty Arlington store without giving it the attention of other locations. Elsewhere they had cool themes and it had a high end feel. The Arlington store was always just a shitty warehouse.
                          I still miss incredible universe.

Frys has sucked for two decades.

When Micro center opened up in Dallas I knew it would help close the doors on Frys.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                            Maybe CompUSA will make a comeback
                            Pretty sure they still owe me $100 for a rebate on a couple of 16MB sticks of ram I bought. Bastards. Remington did it to me on a shotgun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              I always thought these closed down years ago. I guess I haven't lived down south for a bit and Arlington for like 20 years is why. I was only at the Fry's on Saturday nights and it was to watch the races behind the building in like 1999. haha.
                              Damn that's old school as fuck!! Same here

Comment

Working...
                              X