Plumber for gas line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber for gas line?

I've looked through past threads and there are plenty with people asking for plumber recommendations and we even seem to have a couple on the board, but I don't know if those folks are still doing this sort of work.

I have an existing 1/2" iron gas line run through the attic and in one section it goes right over the attic ladder. I need the line cut and then run along the studs around the ladder. I already had Ernie's plumbing out to give me a quote of like $700 for this job and the guy wanted to use ProFlex? He stated he wouldn't thread the existing pipe. The price is pretty high for that solution; I'd be willing to pay around that but whoever does the work better damn well be threading the existing pipe and using iron pipe for the work. Also Benton plumbing never called me back.

If anyone here doesn't do the work, any suggestions?

is it just the 4 or 5 feet that goes over the ladder you are trying to move?

Not sure what your issue with CSST is, but that's the only way i would really want to do it. You significantly reduce the margin for error, and time. Also any professional is going to charge that much because they will have to take the time to pull a permit, get oncor to do a pressure test, etc. If you can shut the gas off yourself, i would do it yourself.

Comment

Threading pipe by hand without disturbing the other joints down the lines is a pain in the ass. There is not a damn thing wrong with the flex pipe that the plumber said that he wanted to use. You can do the work yourself but I would compare it difficulty wise to building an AK when all that you are used to doing is snapping together ARs if you chose to stick with black pipe.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Ok good to know. When he mentioned (I think) Proflex, I just got the impression he would be using something similar to those flexible gas lines like you buy at Home Depot for hooking up a water heater.

Comment

Working...
        X