No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a loaner hoist. My goal for tonight is to get the gasket swapped. Tomorrow I can button it back together and still have a night to spare before C&C on Saturday.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Im not a fan of powermaster.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Im not a fan of powermaster.
        I am beginning to not be too. Thus us getting expensive to ship to them. I meant to grab it and run it by a testing station today but forgot.

Once I get a bad test result I am gonna call them for a UPS pick up label.

Oil leak is more pressing right now.

Comment

• Engine is ready to be lifted, oil drained, all pan bolts are out. I am borrowing a engine hoist this evening and will get it put back together tomorrow.

Damn thing is, one if the front bolts wasn't torqued down and the pan was barely leaking at the very bottom of the pan lip. I probably would have been fine just tightening the bolt BUT I already had the car up, oil drained and engine mounts loose. Might as well pull the pan down and redo it all over to be certain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Im not a fan of powermaster.
            Yep, alternator that they sent back saying was good, is NOT. Just had it checked out to confirm what I already knew. So I get to do the dance on the phone tomorrow and get them to issue a UPS call tag for this thing. I think I just want a new one this time around.

Comment

• Alterstart is local, has fair prices, and has never let me down.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Alterstart is local, has fair prices, and has never let me down.
                PowerMaster has to make this one right. It has less than 100 miles on it.

Comment

• Tailpipes over the axles finally on the car for the first time in many years.

Took some laps around the neighborhood. I like the clutch but seems like the bearing setup needs some more feeling out. I feel like the release moved on me after the trip. I will explore it tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Tailpipes over the axles finally on the car for the first time in many years.

Took some laps around the neighborhood. I like the clutch but seems like the bearing setup needs some more feeling out. I feel like the release moved on me after the trip. I will explore it tomorrow.
                    It may just be wearing in. I will however share that my Exedy twin disc clutch on my vette would engage at different spots depending on how hot it was. It was pretty god damn annoying, and it made me look like an idiot killing the car at random.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      It may just be wearing in. I will however share that my Exedy twin disc clutch on my vette would engage at different spots depending on how hot it was. It was pretty god damn annoying, and it made me look like an idiot killing the car at random.
                      Makes sense. I spent so much time bleeding the hydraulic bearing system that I hope it isn't air in there.

I think I have all the little bugs worked out so tomorrow I am going to try and put some miles in.

Comment

• Keith, would you please measure the distance of the center heat extractor? Not the total width of the extractor, just the center section. Outside of the dividers.
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Because street car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-07-2016, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• love this car

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                                love this car
                                Thanks James. It isn't any of those high dollar Viper or CTS-V cars but at least I can account for every nut, bolt, wire, mistake, etc. with my own hands. When you slow down we need to get it back on the rollers. I need to put some dollar bills in your hands too.

The new clutch holds like a champ but I haven't really leaned on it yet. It really is a blast to drive...and try to play "what's that noise" game. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X