No announcement yet.

SpaceX just made history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found it interesting that Northrop Grumman handled the attachment mechanism between the F9's 2nd stage and the payload. If they cut out SpaceX from the process, for security reasons, then I could definitely see a problem happening there.

Comment

• Apparently SpaceX had to cancel the engine test firing of the F9H because of the gubment shutdown's effect on NASA.

Comment

• In reference to the failed Zuma launch. The USAF has now said,
        "Based on the data available, our team did not identify any information that would change SpaceX's Falcon 9 certification status,"

That's as close as they can come to saying it wasn't SpaceX's fault until the investigation is complete.

Comment

• If I had a super-duper secret payload going into space I would want as much ambiguity about the success/failure of the launch as possible.

And then there was the Delta IV NROL from Vandenberg a few day's after SpaceX. The press release read like a DPRK news story...

“As the nation’s most trustworthy launch provider, today’s launch exemplifies ULA’s ongoing commitment to 100 percent mission success,” said Will Crawford, ULA’s NRO program manager. “My sincere thanks to the entire ULA team and our mission partners at the NRO and U.S. Air Force who made this, our 27th NRO launch, possible.”

Who the hell knows what kind of shenanigans are actually going on. There's really no telling. The only thing for certain is that there are probably a lot of people rooting against SpaceX for doing what they have done so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Apparently SpaceX had to cancel the engine test firing of the F9H because of the gubment shutdown's effect on NASA.
            They'll be fine though. The launch window (or at least the optimum window) is decently wide, relatively speaking. NASA wasn't going to launch Insight until April-May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              They'll be fine though. The launch window (or at least the optimum window) is decently wide, relatively speaking. NASA wasn't going to launch Insight until April-May.
              Yea, that's not really a worry. It's just another delay is all.

Comment

• The great triple dildo successfully conducted a static fire today. Musk says they may launch within a week.

Comment

• Launch date set:
                  Feb 6, 13:30-16:30 EST
                  Backup date Feb 7

Comment

• I'M genuinely excited about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      I'M genuinely excited about this.
                      It's going to be great to see something this powerful taking off from pad 39A. I've got my fingers crossed that everything works perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Launch date set:
                        Feb 6, 13:30-16:30 EST
                        Backup date Feb 7
                        I am thinking about going. I am off a couple days and fly for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by chronical View Post
                          I am thinking about going. I am off a couple days and fly for free.
                          I really want to, but worry there's such a high chance of delays that you'd miss a launch trying to plan a few day trip out there.
                          2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Will be awesome to watch! Hoping to at least see landing attempts on all 3 boosters. Got the time blocked off and live stream ready.
                                2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X