Remington 700 build up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
    Bring it over and we can lay stuff on it to see what you like before you commit to putting paint to it. I have plenty of different stencils.
    What's your schedule like? I'm free tomorrow and off on Monday. Next days off would be the week of Thanksgiving.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      What's your schedule like? I'm free tomorrow and off on Monday. Next days off would be the week of Thanksgiving.
      Monday would be best. I have the 3yr old until 5p by myself. Anytime after 5p would be fine.

Tomorrow is doable but would be a window from noon until 3 or 4ish.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I have shot the whiskey 3 chassis before, it's pretty nice, KRG makes some nice stuff.

Comment

Update

It's been roughly 3 months since I installed the KRG X-Ray chassis and I've put about 300 rounds through my rifle. Unfortunately the X-Ray isn't working out as I hoped it would for one main reason, felt recoil. This chassis dropped the weight of my entire rifle nearly a pound compared to my Bell & Carlson. In addition to the lighter weight, the fact the entire chassis is polymer has been a big contributing factor to a significant change in felt recoil. Because of this additional recoil, my follow up shots are slower because of having to readjust to get back on target. I honestly hadn't thought decreasing the weight of my rifle would have such an affect on my shooting, but it has.

Luckily KRG is working with me to get setup on a Gen 5 Whiskey 3 chassis and I hope to be in that in the next few months. In addition to the new chassis, I'm ditching the Vortex Viper PST and I'll be moving up to a Vortex Razor HD Gen 1 scope, and it's going to be a big improvement.

Since I've started shooting practical matches, my skills have quickly progressed as much as they can given my handicap of a caliber I'm shooting. It's hard to keep up with the 6 & 6.5mm shooters when you're shooting a .308, it's like trying to race your stock Mustang against a pro mod, you're going to lose every time. In order to keep on progressing, I need to shoot a caliber that allows me to be more competitive, and that's why I'm going to re-barrel to 6.5 Creedmoor.

I'm going to run a Bartlein M24 contour 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with 5R rifling in a 1:8 twist. I'm planning on running 140gr Berger Hybrids or 140gr Hornady ELD's at about 2730 fps.

The new barrel should be bought within the next couple weeks, then my gunsmith has about a 4 month lead time on work, so it'll be a while before I have a completed update. In the mean time, a teammate is going to loan me is 6.5CM in a savage action with a manners stock so I can still compete.

More to come.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I'm very glad I have not caught this bug. It sounds damn expensive
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

No kidding
              2012 GT500

Comment

It's expensive but worth it. It is a very rewarding sport.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

My dad and stepmom did bench rest for years. Stupidly expensive habit, and they went all over the place for tournaments.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    I'm very glad I have not caught this bug. It sounds damn expensive
                    Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    No kidding
                    The money invested is not for the faint of heart. My rifle was initially built as an entry level match grade rifle with right around $4K into after parts and smithing work. That's not including the cost of reloading ammo.

But as Dee said, it's a VERY rewarding sport to get into. We shoot with some of the top shooters in the country and the knowledge we gain from them is priceless.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    My dad and stepmom did bench rest for years. Stupidly expensive habit, and they went all over the place for tournaments.
                    Benchrest is an entirely different beast. One of the guys we shoot with shoots benchrest and he's told me about those types of matches. Making 39 out of 40 hits and being in 8th place in a match.

Comment

The money invested is not for the faint of heart. My rifle was initially built as an entry level match grade rifle with right around $4K into after parts and smithing work. That's not including the cost of reloading ammo.

But as Dee said, it's a VERY rewarding sport to get into. We shoot with some of the top shooters in the country and the knowledge we gain from them is priceless.

Benchrest is an entirely different beast. One of the guys we shoot with shoots benchrest and he's told me about those types of matches. Making 39 out of 40 hits and being in 8th place in a match.
                      I've shot with that benchrest group. At 250yds you shoot a mini clay pigeon and with a custom gun to it comes down to who cleans the match plus the best group for a tie breaker.

As for PRS it might not be the cheapest or easiest to jump into like the pistol stuff or 3 gun but for me it's much more rewarding just due to the complication.

Comment

I love this story so here goes.

They went to a tournament my dad did well in consistently. 2nd round he set the All-Time tourney record with a 0.076 group at 100 yards.

To the uninitiated, that is 5 rounds from 100 yards with a differential of less than a tenth of an inch. Zero dot 076 thousandths.

20 minutes later someone shot a group of 0.073 to take away his record and the win.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          I love this story so here goes.

They went to a tournament my dad did well in consistently. 2nd round he set the All-Time tourney record with a 0.076 group at 100 yards.

To the uninitiated, that is 5 rounds from 100 yards with a differential of less than a tenth of an inch. Zero dot 076 thousandths.

20 minutes later someone shot a group of 0.073 to take away his record and the win.
                          That happens a good bit in br. It's a very touch competition.

Comment

Update

I hadn't mentioned this earlier but I've had some issues with my bolt and had to send it off to Fairbanks, Alaska to be fixed. Long story short, my bolt wasn't timed correctly, and wasn't timed for full case extraction. What does this mean? It means when I cammed the bolt arm all the way up, the extractor wasn't engaging, which left me having to muscle spent rounds out of my chamber.

Dan Armstrong with Accu-Tig fixed me up with a new bolt arm timed correctly.

My rifle is in the shop and waiting for the new barrel to be spun up next week.

After doing some more research on chassis systems I've decided to go with something different. Master Piece Arms makes a competition chassis that I consider to have more features than any other chassis on the market. The biggest benefit is the barricade stop system and how it works. The video below demonstrates how it'll be used.

Comment

The update is about halfway done. The bolt is now correctly timed for case extraction, the 6.5CM barrel and break are installed, and now I'm just waiting to pick up the chassis. A fellow shooter let me borrow this Manners A5 till I get my chassis. More to come.

Comment

Sighted the rifle in and put some rounds through the barrel today. Brand new Bartlein barrel with less than 60 rounds through it. Quarter MOA from a .264 projectile, sure why not.

100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X