1952 International Harvester L-120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 International Harvester L-120

My Dad picked this thing up a couple weeks ago. The guy had it on craigslist forever so did not have to pay anywhere near the asking price. It was an Corps of Engineers truck. The cab is in really good shape and the marking/tags are cool. I am going to pick up an 04 4x4 f250 chassis next week and have been searching for a beat up 12v dodge to pull the motor/trans out of. Unfortunately it seems like the cummins tax is high on even the shit boxes I have found so far.

I am moving out of state soon but when I have time will be flying back to do some of the stuff my Dad needs help with. Nothing too exciting happening yet but hopefully we can get the frame here and shortened before I leave.

Last edited by NoClassic; 03-04-2016, 08:12 PM.

I had a 52 when I was in college and my dad had a 52 when I was a little kid.

Looking forward to the build.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      So ugly, it's awesome!
      Yeah its pretty bad

Comment

I saw that, glad someone isn't chopping it up for a horrible rat rod
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah just chopping it up for a bro dozer.

We were going to lower it like the last few but I am just bored with those at this point. I also thought it would be best to limit the amount of heavy fabrication since I wont be around as much. The leaf springs on the F250 chassis keeps things pretty simple if we stick to a mild lift.

Comment

I cleaned the runflat lube from the tires today and ordered all of the stuff we need to mount everything.

Going to look at a 95 dodge tomorrow and driving to pick up the Ford chassis Tuesday.

Comment

We stripped the cab yesterday and got it on the dolly.

The cheap dodge sold before I could get to it but I am leaving in the morning to pick up the F250 chassis.

All of the wheel stuff shipped so we should have the chassis done with wheels mounted by next week. At that point I really need to find a motor so we can get the cab where it needs to be.

Comment

I should expect it by now, but the Austin chassis was not what what I was told it would be. We are driving out east to look at another one this weekend.

The wheel parts showed up but I have not had time to put them together yet.

Comment

We picked up a chassis yesterday. 1995 F250 with a Dana 60 front. The wheelbase is right so no shortening and axles already have 4.56 gears. It has a shackle reversal kit on the front which should be about a 6" lift with the SD leaf springs. The lift is a bit more than I wanted but hopefully it will look ok. Now we really need to find a truck to pull a motor from.

Comment

Does anyone have or know of a bad 6bt block that could be used for mock up? There is one in Austin but would rather avoid another drive down there.

Comment

Found a cheap 2wd NV4500. Going to go check out a 4x4 donor truck this weekend.

Comment

We mounted all of the tires and started to strip down and clean the frame this weekend. The flat bed that was on it had mounts welded on that needed to me removed. We are converting to a single 38 gallon rear tank so the dual setup came out along with all of the lines.

Still looking for a donor dodge. We cant really do much else until I can find one.

Comment

I picked up a motor along with another NV4500 today. The trans is trashed but will be good to use for getting everything mounted. 4wd tail housing is on the way and I am picking up a transfer case this coming week.

Last edited by NoClassic; 03-27-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

This looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing this one coming together.

Comment

We should have the motor in within the next couple weeks. At that point things should start progressing pretty quickly.

I did find that the exhaust manifold on the motor shrunk and damaged a few of the bolt bosses in the head. Huge oversight on my part but hopefully I can get it fixed with some E-Zloks. If not the head is coming off.
                              Last edited by NoClassic; 03-29-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X