Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a new line of youtube videos. Need feedback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fwiw, I laughed my ass off at quite a bit of your commentary. Knowing what I know about cars, you did a very good job hitting the points that needed to be addressed without it ending up being a 45 minute video.

That being said, the production value was lacking. The fucking rooster and the wind were your biggest detractors.

Despite the minor flaws, I was informed and entertained. Good job, dude.

Was dressing like a typical f body owner planned, or a happy accident? lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
      Fwiw, I laughed my ass off at quite a bit of your commentary. Knowing what I know about cars, you did a very good job hitting the points that needed to be addressed without it ending up being a 45 minute video.

That being said, the production value was lacking. The fucking rooster and the wind were your biggest detractors.

Despite the minor flaws, I was informed and entertained. Good job, dude.

Was dressing like a typical f body owner planned, or a happy accident? lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

From the feedback here, my content seems OK, but the production value needs to be higher. Already working on that. Got a couple of video editors to try and play with.

Little bit of both on the outfit. I do wear those clothes when I'm working around the house, but I threw them on specifically for the video.

Comment

Mullet need a mullet...otherwise, only have to point out what has already been said.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Alright, changed some things about it. Still working on the video editing, but let me know what you think of the changes.

Comment

Audio still needs improvement, but lack of rooster/wind noise was a plus.

I'd trim the non-sequitur humor (numbers in car names) and the Bevis and Butthead stuff (exhaust gas joke). That said, the PTSD-ass joke worked for me.

Also, you spent the whole first part talking about what junk Kias are, then talk about how the SOB made it 250k with terrible maintenance. Sounds pretty solid to me. Then, your summary at the end says "these cars are really great".

Overall, pretty entertaining, but you're asking for constructive criticism, so consider yourself criticized.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              Audio still needs improvement, but lack of rooster/wind noise was a plus.

I'd trim the non-sequitur humor (numbers in car names) and the Bevis and Butthead stuff (exhaust gas joke). That said, the PTSD-ass joke worked for me.

Also, you spent the whole first part talking about what junk Kias are, then talk about how the SOB made it 250k with terrible maintenance. Sounds pretty solid to me. Then, your summary at the end says "these cars are really great".

Overall, pretty entertaining, but you're asking for constructive criticism, so consider yourself criticized.

Got a new mic on order, but I had to use my desktop one. I talked about the early Kia's being turds, which they were, I wont touch em with a 10 foot pole. The quality improved drastically after 04, mine is an 07.

Comment

Depending on what camera you have or the mic you bought you can buy stickable wind screens that go over your mic and work pretty well.

They're a couple bucks on Amazon. Make sure you read reviews.
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Much improved! Nice progress in such a short time, I enjoyed the high school humor but some may not, I think it helps you stand out and show personality.
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    That's just my personality, I cuss a lot. I tend to go on these types of rants when I encounter something stupid in a car design. I understand that it might not be for everyone.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    Nice numbers! What kind of coin do you pull with 1 million youtube views?
                    That depends on if they use ad blocking. I do, but I also pay for youtube red.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                      Depending on what camera you have or the mic you bought you can buy stickable wind screens that go over your mic and work pretty well.

They're a couple bucks on Amazon. Make sure you read reviews.
                      Interesting, I will look into it. Thanks.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      Much improved! Nice progress in such a short time, I enjoyed the high school humor but some may not, I think it helps you stand out and show personality.
                      Thanks. I'm still on windows movie maker, but I downloaded some professional style editors. If I can learn them, the quality should go up even more.

My humor, like my rants and cussing, is just my personality. Some people love it and some hate it.

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      [IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/84/68/32/846832271f19f8763f50ad6bb5a3f9ff.jpg[/IM]

That depends on if they use ad blocking. I do, but I also pay for youtube red.
                      Yep, that meme describes me perfectly. The ad blockers are an issue, but I understand why people use them.

Comment

Tone down the humor
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          Tone down the humor
                          That's the one thing that I won't change. My other videos are just information, this one allows me to be myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            That's the one thing that I won't change. My other videos are just information, this one allows me to be myself.
                            You asked for some tips, a large majority of viewers won't find it funny, and won't subscribe. You want subscribers, and views, not for someone to get 30 secs into a video, and say this guys is an idiot and turn it off. Also, get a hair cut, or go all the way with the mullet.
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                              You asked for some tips, a large majority of viewers won't find it funny, and won't subscribe. You want subscribers, and views, not for someone to get 30 secs into a video, and say this guys is an idiot and turn it off. Also, get a hair cut, or go all the way with the mullet.
                              I am picturing you as the stern marine father figure. Cut your hair, stop wisecracking, get your life together.

I honestly disagree. From the feedback I've been getting, the majority of people are liking my style. This isn't meant to be a super serious video, I wouldn't do this on the how to's.

Comment

This is how matts5.0 wants you to talk, starting at 9 sec.
                                She kisses my boo boos. She braids my hair. My mother is beyond compare. We love you mothers everywhere.
                                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                                X