computer car game accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer car game accessories

any of you have one of those sleds or seat contraptions? I want to get a setup going that works with Logitech G29. I see a few on amazon that are reasonably priced, but I dont have any experience with it. Anyone of you maybe? I'm using a VR headset so I dont really need the monitor part.

Yes, built it myself out of PVC, MDF, and a seat that I got off craigslist. VERY happy with it, but need to upgrade to the G29 since Logitech/Sony won't let the G27 work with the PS4. That said, till they release a full version of GT they can get fucked.

Another good place to check out is GTPlanet... here's a link to get you started.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I kinda want one of those "VR treadmills", but I don't want to risk anyone ever seeing me use it. Or knowing that I have it.
      WH

Comment

I would be complaining about those image sizes, but lets be real. I'm bitcoin rich and have an 8k monitor.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I kinda want one of those "VR treadmills", but I don't want to risk anyone ever seeing me use it. Or knowing that I have it.
        I thought about it till I figured out that it counterbalances your weight with straps. I just dont see how it would be comfortable for use. I'd rather have a big open space instead. I think arcades could make a comeback.

Comment

using PVC and MDF seems like it would cost just as much as just buying a premade unit.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
            I would be complaining about those image sizes, but lets be real. I'm bitcoin rich and have an 8k monitor.
            Lel

Comment

using PVC and MDF seems like it would cost just as much as just buying a premade unit.
              Total cost including the seat (comfy as can be) but not including the wheel setup was under $150... I've looked and never seen anything remotely close to that on a premade unit. That said, it's important to find a good deal on a seat...

And yeah, the pics are yuge with imgur nowadays.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I've heard good things about the GT Omega cockpits, but have no personal experience with them.

Comment

I put the Openwheeler seat and the Thrustmaster T300RS on my Christmas list this year, and I'm about 80% sure that my old lady got them for me. I'll know in a few days.

My only concern is how well I'll fit in it and if it will hold up to my size.

I'd like to build one myself some day, but I've already got a list of projects a mile long that I may never get to.

Comment

fuck, i want this one.

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    I put the Openwheeler seat and the Thrustmaster T300RS on my Christmas list this year, and I'm about 80% sure that my old lady got them for me. I'll know in a few days.

My only concern is how well I'll fit in it and if it will hold up to my size.
                    Oh shit, post up if so. I'm not 6'8" 280 all muscle like you though, just a standard 5'10".

I'd like to build one myself some day, but I've already got a list of projects a mile long that I may never get to.
                    that was more or less what i mean too when I said that building my own would cost more, my time is too valuable

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      I've heard good things about the GT Omega cockpits, but have no personal experience with them.
                      man that looks legit and well made.

Comment

I'm not 6'8" 280 all muscle like you though, just a standard 5'10".
                        Ha! I wish! More like 6'5" 340, and let's go with "corn fed". The muscle's in there somewhere.

I'll post up if I get this shit. Heck, if I can't fit in it and Amazon won't take it back, I'll make you a deal on it.

Comment

I'm waiting for VR to get a little better, then I'll be building a combat flight sim cockpit. That's going to be fun as hell.

Comment

[robot voice]I figured you were already setup like this, JP![/robot voice]

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              I'm waiting for VR to get a little better, then I'll be building a combat flight sim cockpit. That's going to be fun as hell.
                              VR is already amazing, HTC Vive is the best platform out there. The only problem is the game support. I played Project Cars 2 on my vive yesterday and it was pretty intense.

I think the Vive is just to much of a price point at the moment for what you get.

If anyone wants to come play a few games on my HTC Vive, feel free to come over. I can probably do a MySQL class to if you want haha

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              [robot voice]I figured you were already setup like this, JP![/robot voice]
                              I do have an Aeron chair, but nothing that crazy. When we get our acres of land, I want to build a building for my cars and computers, my desk will be in the fucking middle of the Abe Hangar. Just a big ass open room with SHI- MPG, WUTHAPN, and the 370z along with my desk.

Comment

Working...
                              X