Let's discuss 9mm ARs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's discuss 9mm ARs

Who has one? Did you build it and from what parts did you use? Did you buy a built upper and a built lower and slap them together and go PewPew?

I am okay buying an already built upper with bolt and charging handle on this one and building a lower out.

Thinking a pistol with a barrel less than 10.5" and using a Shockwave brace. I am only interested in dedicated lowers that take Glock mags.

Palmetto State Armory always has tons of uppers or built lowers on sale. Anyone have one of theirs that they have put some rounds through?

I think first of the year gifts to myself will be a AR-9, AK47 (or 2).
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

I bought a stripped lower from Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply years ago (went with them because I wanted to use Colt mags rather than Glock) and upper parts and 9mm buffer from Rock River. I had to trim a half or full coil from the firing pin spring because it was too stiff. Other than that, no issues. It's a great shooting little gun (10.5" SBR).
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Take a look at quarter circle 10. I don't have one yet, but have heard nothing but good things about their lowers. They are one of a few lowers with a last round bolt hold open.

Comment

I have had some factory Colt 9mm ARs and think they are pointless. The MP5 is about perfect as a sub gun goes but pistol caliber anything is too week for something as large as a carbine or rifle.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Paging CJ...
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
            Palmetto State Armory always has tons of uppers or built lowers on sale. Anyone have one of theirs that they have put some rounds through?
            I have a PSA 7.62x39 I've shot about a hundred rounds through so far without a single issue. Have an AR10 I've just assembled with PSA parts. Have a friend who has several PSA lowers he's used for various builds without complaint. IMO you should look into the some of the silly deals they have.

Comment

I don't have one, but my buddy has a JP Rifles GMR15 that uses Glock mags and he got it for USPSA PCC division but found out PCC is not for him so he's wanting to sell it. It's got the blue heat sink on the barrel and blue ambi safety.

Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I have been kicking around the same idea in my head.

I think instead of a AR 9mm instead i'll grab a SIG MPX.

Comment

Why not just grab a CZ Scorpion or something similar?

Comment

I acquired a Beretta Storm carbine may moons ago. It's a really fun gun to shoot and my wife prefers it over my ARs for range shooting. Maybe one of these days I'll take it apart convert it to .357 Sig.

Comment

I've been kicking around the idea of a 10mm AR. #youjustgotsvo'd
                      Last edited by Jewrrick; 09-28-2017, 07:33 AM.
                      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Why not just grab a CZ Scorpion or something similar?
                        Hard to beat these with what the street prices are at now.

Comment

I don't see an upside, but Ive thought about grabbing a psa deal

Comment

Mine is a 5.5" vYHM upper. They make pretty solid kits that come with everything you need.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                              Hard to beat these with what the street prices are at now.
                              Whats the street price on a Scorpion these days?

I am still eyeing this bad hombre, and it looks like some places its down cheaper around 1200-1300 or so. Maybe Casey can get it cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X